YT359C Sluggish Power steering

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #31  
I'd assume that Yanmar got the design right. Chances are that someone set it up wrong when assembling it or adding loader or remotes. My guess is that Yanmar knows that too & is why they are ignoring it.

But does it matter? It's easy to check the hydraulics with a gauge and see if the pressures are correct. That's the first step.
If you do that, you might want to leave gauges inline where you can glance at them while the tractor is working. That's what I do on mine. Surprising what can be learned that way.

rScotty
Not something we need to do as a new tractor owner.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #32  
Not something we need to do as a new tractor owner.
Well, I'll agree with part of that.

It's not something I'd want to do as a new tractor owner. But in the world we live in now I'm finding that doing things myself is something I often need to do if I want it to work right anytime soon.

But then I grew up in rural Texas in an era where most any of the guys in my HS class could turn a wrench, and half the gals could too.

I know you've been around long enough to know all this and more. Let us know how the dealer and Yanmar do with it. I'm curious.
rScotty

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #33  
I live in rural Texas and have been wrenching and building stuff my whole life. Just got finished putting new brake calipers, rotors, brake pads, brake lines, wheel hubs, ball joints, front driveshaft on my 2004 Dodge. I have three rat rods, a huge shop with a lift.
It's a brand new tractor. What my expectations are seem to be higher than yours. I expect them to fix it not me.

Last edited:
   / YT359C Sluggish Power steering #34  
Well if I don't get anything resolved from the dealer I'll for sure be back on here asking about the priority settings or whatever.
The way it is now is unacceptable.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #35  
Ok dealer said my tractor was 3 gallons low of hydraulic fluid. topped it off and tested it they claim its good now . we'll see.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #36  
In your first message you said that the fluid level was good. What happened?

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #38  
This isn’t a post from the OP. I got confused as well.
Oh. I see that now. Thanks.

There are enough complaints about the YM359 power steering that I get them confused. Maybe there is something in the way they are plumbed that is making them read right when actually low on fluid.... or maybe something else.

I don't recall if anyone posted a resolution to the lazy power steering. Did I miss it?

rScotty

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #39  
Oh. I see that now. Thanks.

There are enough complaints about the YM359 power steering that I get them confused. Maybe there is something in the way they are plumbed that is making them read right when actually low on fluid.... or maybe something else.

I don't recall if anyone posted a resolution to the lazy power steering. Did I miss it?

rScotty

Nope. No resolution yet by the OP.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #40  
I'm picking mine up tomorrow so if it's fixed or not I'll post up.

Sorry for the confusion I just figured there was more interest here so I posted.