YT359C Sluggish Power steering

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #41  
There is a little improvement after getting it back from the dealer.

It's still not right I don't think. But it does seem to be better.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #42  
Mine does the same thing. I’m taking it in for service in the next couple of days. I’ll let you guys know what they “say.”

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #43  
Had my tractor over a year. It's really been great overall. The PS issue hasn't been a huge issue. Once you know it you simply start moving and the wheels turns. Sure I wish it wasn't that way. I wonder what they are doing about it at Yanmar engineering.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #44  
Pretty much thats what I was told. Need to up the RPM when doing loader work

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #45  
Pretty much thats what I was told. Need to up the RPM when doing loader work
Does the loader have power at low RPM but the steering does not?
If so, then it sounds like they have the proportional diverter valve flow settings reversed, or else the output lines themselves are reversed. The outputs have the same thread, so it is an easy mistake to make.

To confirm where the problem lies just requires a piece of common test equipment called a hydraulic flow stand. Why not hook up one of the problem tractors and compare the low RPM pressure & flow with the specs? Very easy to do, and then you would know instead of speculating.

rScotty

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #46  
Loader always works fine. Personally I believe it's an inherent design issue. That's why dealerships aren't fixing it and Yanmar is building a list of user complaints on it. My JD 310SE power steering works fine in all situations. So should this tractor. I think the relief valve is set to protect the steering gear.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #47  
Loader always works fine. Personally I believe it's an inherent design issue. That's why dealerships aren't fixing it and Yanmar is building a list of user complaints on it. My JD 310SE power steering works fine in all situations. So should this tractor. I think the relief valve is set to protect the steering gear.
My Kubota M59 and my JD310 both work the loader, steering, and do that while moving at an idle. Being able to do that is necessary for careful construction work, but not so much for Ag work.

I'm sure Yanmar knows all this and knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. Not doing anything about a simple problem seems common with big business these days. I'd sure like to see Yanmar be the exception.
rScotty

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #48  
If you admit it’s a problem, then you have to spend $$ to fix it, and not only for just those who complain

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #49  
I sold a kubota l6060 grand and it did the same thing. It was hard to turn tight if you had a load in the bucket at low rpm. When throttle up it was fine

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #50  
Engine speed and hydraulic flow are proportional. As far a a diverter, the YT3 series tractor has a dual hydraulic pump. One pump controls the steering, PTO clutch and provides flow to the I-HMT. The other pump provides flow to the loader, PBK, rear remotes and 3-point.
As for a steering gearbox, there isn't one. The YT3 has true hydraulic steering with an orbitrol valve and a double rod / double acting cylinder.