YT359C Test Drive-impressive

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #1  

GSVette

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR4155HC, Case 580D/E
Test drove (actually wife did most of the test driving) the YT359C at a local dealer yesterday. Must say I was thoroughly impressed with the machine, particularly the i-HMT drive system.

The A/B drive mode is a far more useful feature than I had envisioned-allowing an easy transition from ‘loader’ speed/rpm to ‘transit’ speed/rpm.

Ergonomics in the cab were the nicest I have seen in any cab tractors of similar size (we’ve looked at LS, Kioti, TYM, Mahindra, Kubota). Fit and finish were also the best I have seen. Visibility out of the cab was outstanding as was the list of standard features.

The YT359 is probably more capable horsepower-wise than we really need (although who ever really regrets buying more horsepower than they think they need) but since the YT347C is almost the same price (~2k less), I just can’t see the reason to get less horsepower in the same frame size tractor.

Needless to say, I think I am sold-just need to work out the sales details. Would like to hear from any/all YT347/359 owners regarding actual working experience with the tractor.

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #2  
Coming from a Deere HST - I can say that the it really shines. It took a little to be second nature; it handles wonderfully for me now.

I've heard that there can be huge rebates on the 347's for the reason you state. Be sure to get the 3rd function SCV installed if you think you'd use it.

Yanmar has been great.

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #3  
Test drove (actually wife did most of the test driving) the YT359C at a local dealer yesterday. Must say I was thoroughly impressed with the machine, particularly the i-HMT drive system.

The A/B drive mode is a far more useful feature than I had envisioned-allowing an easy transition from ‘loader’ speed/rpm to ‘transit’ speed/rpm.

Ergonomics in the cab were the nicest I have seen in any cab tractors of similar size (we’ve looked at LS, Kioti, TYM, Mahindra, Kubota). Fit and finish were also the best I have seen. Visibility out of the cab was outstanding as was the list of standard features.

The YT359 is probably more capable horsepower-wise than we really need (although who ever really regrets buying more horsepower than they think they need) but since the YT347C is almost the same price (~2k less), I just can’t see the reason to get less horsepower in the same frame size tractor.

Needless to say, I think I am sold-just need to work out the sales details. Would like to hear from any/all YT347/359 owners regarding actual working experience with the tractor.

Great write up and I totally agree. The YT series Yanmar's are among the finest tractors currently made. I'd love a YT347/359 but the YT235 is more appropriate for my eight acres and it will fit in my garage.

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #4  

Same conclusions I came to also led me to buying my YT359C,You buy one your gonna love it, great tractor.

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #5  
I am getting over the initial shock of transitioning from my Deere4310 HST.

I am now at the point where I am feeling the power. The maneuverability is really amazing in my heavy timber, crazy hills, and county roads. The Ferrari red makes more sense as I get more comfortable.

Yesterday I made a run to my friend's house 3 miles away with plenty of hills. In 20 minutes I was bale to get there, pick up a bale, and return home. The tractor didn't seem to notice the round bale in back.

One caveat is that the seat could use more cushion. I do need to double check the adjustment, but it was pretty rough. My wife and I aren't overly large and it would be a bit tough on a large sized person.

/ YT359C Test Drive-impressive #6  
I do not own a YT series tractor (too big for my property) but I can attest to Yanmar's commitment to good design across the board as a 424 TLB owner. Last weekend I attended a farm show and sat on a lot of the competition's machinery, including a lot of tractors I had considered at the time but didn't have a chance to sit in. I couldn't believe how inferior the ergonomics and cockpit design were on some otherwise really nice CUTs from Deere and Kubota compared to the 424. I've been spoiled!