Z Turn = More Work

/ Z Turn = More Work #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Recently got a 54" Z turn to mow the grass around my cabin. Several acres which I used to mow with a 6' rotary cutter on my 45hp Kubota with Ag tires and then push mowed around the cabin. Not only does the Z turn do it faster but it now looks like a country club! The problem is, in order to keep the grass looking that way I find that I'm mowing more often. So even though it is a the right tool and makes the grass look great...it has created more work.

First world problems, as they say.

But even though I'm spending more time in total mowing, I'm not unhappy about it. Mowing on the Z turn is much more pleasant and I only use the push mower for about 5 minutes to get up close to the cabin. And since it looks so much better it is more gratifying to mow. Of course, if the grass gets too deep for the Z turn I can always hit it with the rotary cutter again.

/ Z Turn = More Work #2  
I had a similar issue when I switched from a rider to a Z turn, went from mowing 1 acre to mowing 3+, in the same amount of time. My only regret, not buying the zero turn sooner.

• Good Post
Reactions: N80