Z920M Any comments?

/ Z920M Any comments? #1  

RTII

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL 3940, Kubota M5 111
Just demo'd a Z920m w/54" 7 iron deck here at my property. Varied terrain - flat, slopes, trees, different grasses, etc. About as varied as terrain can get on the 4 acres around a house. I was pretty impressed with the mower and wanted any real world pro's and cons from those who might have an opinion. Pretty pricey machine for a mower but I'm looking for longevity and reliability to go along with the performance. If I decide on the Deere, I'm also considering the Z925m which is basically the same mower but with fuel injection.

I'm completely new to zero turns (and Deere) so I'll appreciate any thoughts y'all might share..........

/ Z920M Any comments? #2  
Just demo'd a Z920m w/54" 7 iron deck here at my property. Varied terrain - flat, slopes, trees, different grasses, etc. About as varied as terrain can get on the 4 acres around a house. I was pretty impressed with the mower and wanted any real world pro's and cons from those who might have an opinion. Pretty pricey machine for a mower but I'm looking for longevity and reliability to go along with the performance. If I decide on the Deere, I'm also considering the Z925m which is basically the same mower but with fuel injection.

I'm completely new to zero turns (and Deere) so I'll appreciate any thoughts y'all might share..........

Go with the fuel injection engine. They start so much easier and use a little less gas. Also, the choke cable is not needed making it easier for the wife and kids to start. I think there are a lot of people that have never had to pull a choke cable to start an engine. My wife has a devil of a time starting the old Gator we have.

/ Z920M Any comments?
I am leaning toward the fuel injection especially for for reliability or rather temperament. Easier cold starting, In my mind, less maintenance as well but I know carb'd engines are pretty good now a days. Thanks for the input.

Anyone else?

/ Z920M Any comments? #4  
I tested a 920R and liked it a lot, but ended up with the 930R for the 60" deck. Basically the same machine. Takes awhile to get comfortable on a zero turn, but I mow with a smile now. JC

/ Z920M Any comments?
I tested a 920R and liked it a lot, but ended up with the 930R for the 60" deck. Basically the same machine. Takes awhile to get comfortable on a zero turn, but I mow with a smile now. JC

How many hours do you have on it? Any problems or unexpected situations? Are you happy with it being non-efi? Any extra maintenance or things to watch out for?

I know what you mean about getting comfortable. I tried the 920 out on the slopes and was completely surprised at how quickly things tried to get out of hand. 2nd and following slope trials were less eventful and actually ended up more manageable than my first attempt would have made me believe. Absolutely no problems as long as care is taken. I am sold on a Z-turn being my next purchase. Just want to be sure the John Deere is a good choice.

/ Z920M Any comments? #6  
I put 8 hours on the 920r and took it back. No problems just thought I could get closer to stuff with a bigger deck. Less than an hour on the 930, waiting on the rain to quit. Not a lot of comments on here about Deere zero turns, but I have had good luck with past green mowers, (6 over the years) so I took a chance on this one. Started out looking at the home owner models and of course moved up to commercial ones.