ZD326 issues

/ ZD326 issues #1  

brix

I have a Kubota zd326. One day the wife went to mow, it would not start. I was kind of busy so I just crossed the starter and got it going. A couple hours later after she was done it wouldn't shut off. So I hopped on it, engaged the blades and got off the seat. It kept running. Finally just shut it off at the pump. Ordered a new fuel shutdown solenoid, installed still didn't change. Unplugged it while running, nothing. What would cause all of this? None of the safety switches shut it down. When key is turned on all dash lights work etc. Main controller? Checked all relays and fuses. Any ideas?

Thanks, Brix

/ ZD326 issues #2  
This is an educated guess as I do not know your specific machine.

Kubota uses engine stop solenoids in two completely different ways.

One way requires the solenoid to be powered to allow the engine to start and run. Typically the solenoid has two internal coils. A strong Pull In coil and a weaker Hold Coil. First as you turn the key to Start, the Pull in Coil is activated and then when the key is returned to ON the hold coil takes over and allows the engine to get fuel and operate.

The second way is the solenoid is only powered briefly for about 10 seconds. Powering the solenoid cuts off the fuel and the engine stops.

I think the second style is the one you have. Amongst all the safety switches, relay and controls will be a timer. When a safety switch senses an issue or when you turn the key to OFF, the timer powers to stop solenoid and the engine stops.

If you replaced the solenoid with no solution, likely it is the timer which is not sending power to the stop solenoid.

The switch controller is likely the part but do not order one without talking to your dealer as this is my educated guess only.

You tried unplugging the solenoid. Now try applying 12 volts to it briefly to see if the engine stops.

Knowing that the solenoid requires power to stop the engine, double check all fuses.

K3181-62320$254.77

Dave M7040

Last edited: