Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #1  

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, CaseIH Farmall 35A, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
I have a SnapperPro S-150x zero turn mower that I have been running for a few years now. It is time to replace the rear tires and I am looking for suggestions on the replacements.

Tire size is 22x11-10. The current tires are Carlisle Turf Master. They have been OK tires but I wouldn't mind having slightly more traction (hopefully without tearing up my yard).

Thanks for your time!

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #2  
Maybe an ATV tire that is not a full blown knobby. On an image search, I see a Nanco N244 which would be a notch up from the turf savers and hopefully not too aggressive. They have knobbys too that have a chevron pattern in between the lugs. Lots available in this size.

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions
Thanks! I will take a look at them.

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #4  
When I went to a Carlisle At-101 chevron style tire my mower became a whole new machine. i tear up less than with the Carlisle Turfmaster IIs because I spin so much less. I would never go back.

I bought a different mower - same brand (Deines) but went from a 60" to 72" deck and two back wheels. It was used and has turfs on it. I used it once and decided tires are getting changed.

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #5  
x2 on the AT-101 tires.

IF you know how to run your mower, a more aggressive tire actually does LESS turf damage.

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #6  
Another idea might be the Carlisle WT300. They’re a mini R4 tread.

WT300 Turf Tires

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions
I think that I am sold on the AT-101 style tire (chevron bar). Carlisle doesn't show the size that I need. Kenda makes the same style tire and has the size that I am looking for: Amazon.com: Kenda K472 Bias Tire - 22x11.-1: Automotive

Does anyone have any experience with Kenda?

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #8  
Kenda is known brand and has been used on OEM equipment. Definitely looks to be a step up!

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #9  
Those Kenda K472's are fine. Also, OTR makes a bar tire in the 22x11-10 size. They are (or at least used to be) OEM on Grasshopper mowers.

/ Zero Turn Rear Tire Suggestions #10