ZTR differences?

/ ZTR differences? #1  

widefat

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 Husq GT52XLS Husqvarna LC121P Husq 455 Rancher Stihl FS90 Stihl MS170 99 Ram 1500
I am researching Zero Turn mowers, and comparing the Deere ZTR 525, 535, and 540, I dont see a lot of difference to merit the wide price spread - 3899, 4399, 4799.
What are the significant differences? Assume a 54 in deck on all three, why should I pay 1000 more for a 540 vice a 525?

TIA~

/ ZTR differences? #2  
525 I think has a briggs and stratton 22hp engine, and a 2yr 200hr warranty
535 also has briggs but 25hp and a 4 year 300hr warranty
There are 2 540 models. An M and an R. Both have kawasaki engines (better engine), M has a 4yr/300hr warranty. The R has 4yr/500hr warranty, better seat, Larger tires, and slightly faster travel speed than the other 3. (9MPH vs 8.5).

Those are the standout differences I see.

/ ZTR differences? #3  
What transmission are each running.
A quick search and I'm not finding it.

/ ZTR differences?
trans - all three have the TZT7-D.

/ ZTR differences? #5  
Yep, transmissions were all the same that I saw.

The only major differences I saw were what I listed. And seem to fall inline with the pricing difference.

$500 more for a better briggs with more power, and longer warranty,

And another $400 for the kawasaki motor

/ ZTR differences?
Yep, transmissions were all the same that I saw.

The only major differences I saw were what I listed. And seem to fall inline with the pricing difference.

$500 more for a better briggs with more power, and longer warranty,

And another $400 for the kawasaki motor

Sir I believe you nailed it. I looked, and the prices for B&S engines in that class are around 800 for the 22hp, 1000 for the 25, and the Kawasaki is 1600.

/ ZTR differences? #7  
For peace of mind, i'll pay 600 more for the KAW anyday, have a B&S on the Gator, it's OK, i've always had no issues with a KAW engine on any of the equipment i've owned.

Ronnie

/ ZTR differences?
All said and done, I bought a rider - Husqvarna with a KAW engine. My wife will be using it the most, and she wanted something more versatile than a Zero Turn.
Our groomed yard is only about an acre and a half, so she said the rider would be fine. I did look at Deere riders, but I just could not bring myself to pay 1000 more for a similar spec
rider with a B&S engine.