ZTR or Rider?

/ ZTR or Rider? #31  
My wife had a lawn service company before we were married on her 1 acre lot with lots of trees and hills. They used the ride on zero turn for most, and a walk behind zero turn with a Velke/sulky to mow the steep hills sideways. I got a used Ransomes Bobcat with a snow blower attachment for $1800. Low center of gravity, very fast to mow and easily maneuverable with controls you just squeeze to turn. Been using that for 14 years. I am handicapped, so balance on the side of the mower is an issue. Never had a problem with the Velke, though I know people who have died from a tractor rolling over. Not a problem with a Velke.

/ ZTR or Rider? #32  
Oh, and easy on and off to pick up dropped tree branches.

/ ZTR or Rider? #34  
Duals can be a little smaller in diameter can run half inch or more off the ground on pavement. This applies more weight on drive wheels for traction and still provides stability

chains provide best traction but will tear up lawn if you spin
More like outriggers then full time tired on ground

/ ZTR or Rider? #35  
Zero turn. One acre is not much even with hills. Maybe two hours max. You don't need a massive one. Bottom of the line , $3000.

/ ZTR or Rider? #36  
My lawn company dropped me two weeks ago due to losing employees to a competitor and I've been mowing my 1 acre lawn with lots of buildings and berms with my heavy duty 20yo Cub Cadet rider.
My lawn specs.
Very hilly 12' hills with steep grade, which I've mowed across but lean way over and have puckered a few times to get ready to roll. I've mowed up and down but can't control speed coming down with road at bottom and I spin tires going up if damp at all.

Lots of trees, flower berms, patio etc.

I don't mind spending up to 6k but I'd like some advice. ZTR with steering wheel as one dealer advised? 4wd rider?
Zero turns are much faster then standard riders. With your hill issue, I would think you would consider a Walk Behind with Sulky. I mow 3+ acres and with my hill issue, I use a walkbehind. Super low center of gravity on the machine and in the extreme steep areas, I lift the sulky onto its packed mount and walk behind as I mow across the hill. I have two machines, one is a 'purchase on-line only. Bradley Mower. I like it a lot.

/ ZTR or Rider? #37  
Bar tires work good on slopes and putting fluid in tires adds needed weight, some places use windshield washer fluid and I was told beet juice is another great fluid for rear tires

/ ZTR or Rider? #38  
I myself have a very steep hill in my backyard and use a JD X758 but it's double your budget, flies up the hill if I get caught in a rain storm, walks down the steepest hill having never to hit the brake, in my honest opinion the lawn tractor makes the best sense since it has an actual brake and you can steer yourself out of a said but a ZTR only option is to pull back on the levers and can still slide and dangerous if it comes around.

/ ZTR or Rider? #39  
Local ZTR dealer has been mounting ATV tires on mowers for some customers. Traction is more important for some than worrying about the divot created when turning.

/ ZTR or Rider? #40  
Local ZTR dealer has been mounting ATV tires on mowers for some customers. Traction is more important for some than worrying about the divot created when turning.

If you know how to operate them properly you can avoid divots. And the heavy commercial machines will make divots with any tire if you’re pivot turning them.