It's just torture....

/ It's just torture.... #12  
Man, that sounds painful as all get out! I'll pass on that remedy next time I get the itch. Poison ivy will jump on me if I just look at it wrong, so I am always extra cautious anytime I get near where it could be lurking.

To the OP, enjoy the tractor, just be extra careful and learn it as you go along. Sounds like a nice one.

I don't scratch it open but I use either straight bleach, rubbing alchohol, or cheap after shave...Doesn't hurt as bad as you would think.

/ It's just torture.... #13  
Dang, Famah, sorry to hear about the Ivy problem, Hope you enjoy your new tractor, I think it is essentially the same as my l3400 and la463 FEL. in a package. with 2 more horse. except mine has the Power Plus which is supposed to be 1 more horsepower. at any rate I think you will like it a lot.. I Put 24 gallons of RV antifreeze and 1 gallon of water in each tire Saturday, WOW almost as good as the ballast on the back, and with both, well you can really stick to the ground now! I reccomend something in the tires as well as ballast, because you may have a light 3 point implement on at times and could use the weight and stability. An example would be a rear angle blade. A box blade usually weight a lot more, and may be enough itself. I just got some clamp on forks on e-bay for $265, supposedly 3500# capacity. way more than the 463 will lift (just shy of 1100 pounds) They seem heavily built. I dont like the 3/4 inch allthread that snugs them on the bucket, seems like it may put little dents or marks anyway in the bucket, so I am building an "terminating end" for lack of a better way of saying it, tonite. It will distribute the weight over a greater area, and just put down pressure on the bucket, not the twisting action of the allthread

/ It's just torture.... #14  
Do you need me to come on over to put the first scratch in it for you?? :laughing:

/ It's just torture.... #15  
Good time to read the manuals while you heal. Congratulations.

/ It's just torture.... #16  
man, that sucks.:( Get well soon!:)

/ It's just torture.... #17  
Greetings Learned Forum:

My brand new Kubota L3700 and FEL got delivered last Friday afternoon. YEAH! :D

Unfortunately, the poison ivy I got into weekend before last has caught up with me. I was a oozing mess all weekend, and now I have lots of open skin and an infection. Strict doctor's orders are to stay inside with my leg elevated. BOOOO! :mad:

So, my sum total of hours on my new tractor is .0001, driving it from driveway into the garage. Sure, I go out there and sit on it every once in a while, but I won't admit that to anyone outside the Forum. :laughing:

With the prednisone, I should be enough on the mend by the end of the week that I can go out and play in the dirt. I can't wait. Timing has never been my strong suit.

So in the meantime, I will troll the Forum and practice virtual tractoring. ****, I have a head start on nice homemade rear ballast and I am close to deciding that a tooth bar is a wise first purchase. Thank you all for making this a great place.

Nick

Not good for this time because you've got an infection, but next time you get into poison ivy, go get yourself some spring weed. Around here (New Tripoli, Pa.) it grows on the creek banks. It is a hollow stemmed plant. The stem has a few "joints" on it. You pull the plant & break it off at the first joint & squeeze the juice from the stem onto your poison. It stops the itch & the poison goes away. I don't have the ability to post pictures, but a couple years ago someone posted some over on Yesterdays Tractors.com. My Grandfather showed me this when I had poison ivy so bad one time years ago.

/ It's just torture.... #18  
I get poison ivy each summer now, have some as I type. The only relief I've found for the itchy is super hot water. Will make it itch like you've never felt anything itch before, crazy adrenalin rush. But once you do it you'll get relief for quite a long time.

The super hot water (as hot as I can stand) exhausts the histamines, which is what causes the itchy feeling. Takes a while for them to build back up.

The only way I can fall asleep some nights.

Joel

/ It's just torture.... #19  
I don't scratch it open but I use either straight bleach, rubbing alchohol, or cheap after shave...Doesn't hurt as bad as you would think.

You pour bleach onto your skin? :laughing:

I got poison ivy as a kid and would usually scratch it until it bled and use rubbing alcohol. But now, I no longer get poison ivy. I have no idea why, but I'm fine with it. My wife wants to shoot me out of jealousy when I show off by purposely walking through poison ivy that she veers 10 feet away from.

/ It's just torture.... #20  
I get poison ivy each summer now, have some as I type. The only relief I've found for the itchy is super hot water. Will make it itch like you've never felt anything itch before, crazy adrenalin rush. But once you do it you'll get relief for quite a long time.

The super hot water (as hot as I can stand) exhausts the histamines, which is what causes the itchy feeling. Takes a while for them to build back up.

The only way I can fall asleep some nights.

Joel

I agree with the super hot water approach. When I know I've been in poison ivy, I'll make the water as hot as I can stand it, grab the bottle of Clorox Bleach, and have a good arm & leg washing session!