It's just torture....

/ It's just torture.... #1  

Famah

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L3700SU
Greetings Learned Forum:

My brand new Kubota L3700 and FEL got delivered last Friday afternoon. YEAH! :D

Unfortunately, the poison ivy I got into weekend before last has caught up with me. I was a oozing mess all weekend, and now I have lots of open skin and an infection. Strict doctor's orders are to stay inside with my leg elevated. BOOOO! :mad:

So, my sum total of hours on my new tractor is .0001, driving it from driveway into the garage. Sure, I go out there and sit on it every once in a while, but I won't admit that to anyone outside the Forum. :laughing:

With the prednisone, I should be enough on the mend by the end of the week that I can go out and play in the dirt. I can't wait. Timing has never been my strong suit.

So in the meantime, I will troll the Forum and practice virtual tractoring. ****, I have a head start on nice homemade rear ballast and I am close to deciding that a tooth bar is a wise first purchase. Thank you all for making this a great place.

Nick

/ It's just torture.... #2  
Technu! Wash with Technu. Technu and Avon both make pre-exposure creams for poison oak/ivy.

Remember too, if you drive the tractor around the stuff, it will get on the tractor(or truck, dog ect). You can get poision oak/ivy from the tractor; I have got it a month after doing tractor work. Went to work on the tractor, change oil ect.

The oil from poison oak/ivy lasts a long time...

/ It's just torture.... #3  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I saw one at the dealer last week, nice machine.

As RobertN says, Poison Ivy can sneak up on you long after you have been around it, so be careful.

/ It's just torture.... #5  
Ooooonooooo! I hate poison ivy. Congrats on the new tractor, you'll get lots of use soon enough!

/ It's just torture.... #7  
Get well! Be warned, once you have had it bad, you will get it again, and again, and again (at least I have). You get sensitized, and you have more issues with it.

Don't burn it, don't touch it, etc. About the only recommended recourse against poison ivy is herbicide...

On the human front, cold water washing as soon as possible helps a lot if you get it on you. Even if in the woods, dump your hands in a stream and clean them off. It has saved me agony... :)

Congrats on the new tractor!

-Tom

/ It's just torture.... #8  
Scratch it until it bleeds, and then pour rubbing alcohol on it. It will get rid of it quickly! I think I'd have to at least try this if I had a brand new tractor waiting for me.

/ It's just torture.... #9  
Scratch it until it bleeds, and then pour rubbing alcohol on it. It will get rid of it quickly! I think I'd have to at least try this if I had a brand new tractor waiting for me.

Man, that sounds painful as all get out! I'll pass on that remedy next time I get the itch. Poison ivy will jump on me if I just look at it wrong, so I am always extra cautious anytime I get near where it could be lurking.

To the OP, enjoy the tractor, just be extra careful and learn it as you go along. Sounds like a nice one.

/ It's just torture.... #10  
You let a doctors order keep you off your brand new tractor,man!!??