you can get in the upper 30's to low 40's driving
75 - 80 mph who needs an ev???? especially
when you can go over 500 mils on a tank and
not have to stop every couple hundred miles to
refuel

NO EV FOR ME!!!!!!!

willy

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #552  
what do you mean “if”. The US taxpayers are subsidizing everything about the green deal cars. Purchase price, “free” charging, 0 road tax. Everyone driving an EV owes me money.

According to this article:
Many Americans believe that drivers pay the full cost of the roads they use through gas taxes and other user fees. That has never been true, and it is less true now than at any other point in modern times.

Today, general taxes paid by all taxpayers cover nearly as much of the cost of building and maintaining highways as the gas tax and other fees paid by drivers.

If that is true your (comment) has no merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #553  
According to this article:

If that is true your (comment) has no merit.
Actually the article is saying that in your country general taxes cover as much as gas taxes and vehicle fees, so in other words they each are 50 % ....so if gas taxes pulled in become way less because ICE car numbers dramatically reduced, your road infrastructure will have up to 50% LESS funding, hmmmm seems to have lots of merit. .....And considering the push for self driving cars is coming from Musk type products, and that tech requires more tech built into the hwys and much more accurate snow removal too, your hwy infrastructure funding needs will be much more. So the gas taxes funding part of equation etc HAS to be replaced and that is not being openly talked about by our Governments.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #555  
I was thinking of something that was not so invasive that could be installed on any EV not already equipped...
Something that just logged actual miles strictly for tax purposes...
What about the DMV logging mileage when you renew your registration and billing accordingly? This way they'll only know how far you've driven, not where.

I too have serious concerns about "connected" vehicles, I'm amazed the public doesn't seem to mind. Then again, a large percentage of the population has cellphones they voluntarily have with them 24/7, so any outrage about being tracked is a bit hypocritical.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #556  
What about the DMV logging mileage when you renew your registration and billing accordingly? This way they'll only know how far you've driven, not where.

I too have serious concerns about "connected" vehicles, I'm amazed the public doesn't seem to mind. Then again, a large percentage of the population has cellphones they voluntarily have with them 24/7, so any outrage about being tracked is a bit hypocritical.
Missouri has vehicle inspections to renew license. The inspection sticker lists mileage. So, in theory, it could be tracked. Not sure how to verify mileage in States that don't.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #557  
Missouri has vehicle inspections to renew license. The inspection sticker lists mileage. So, in theory, it could be tracked. Not sure how to verify mileage in States that don't.
Every year when you renew your plates, you'll have to fill in a field with the mileage. Then get taxed on that mileage. When you go to sell the car, it'll have to be verified on the title at a DMV office. If it doesn't add up to the mileage that you were reporting over the past years, you'll have to pay the lump sum before you can sell the car. No way out.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #558  
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #559  
I'll be thinking of you as I'm driving my EV to work each day. :ROFLMAO:
Hey, you didn’t make the laws, right?
You are just legally taking advantage of what works best for you.
That’s prudent and perfectly fine.

It’s the people who make those rules & regs we should be focusing on.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #560  
My next car will be diesel powered and it won't
be any new model either! I can get along very
nicely without all the electronics crap! When
you can get in the upper 30's to low 40's driving
75 - 80 mph who needs an ev???? especially
when you can go over 500 mils on a tank and
not have to stop every couple hundred miles to
refuel

NO EV FOR ME!!!!!!!

willy
Diesel is pushing $5 here. I try to avoid it. My diesel truck is not used much. I get almost 40 mpg with my gas car.

Status
Not open for further replies.