Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13,586
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Kubota Skid-Steer

    I went to the dealer today to get a hydraulic filter for my service, they were slow and we started BSing about tractors and things related.

    We got to talking about the bobcat's new tractors. He said that the heard that bobcat went to kubota about wanting to enter the tractor market. Kubota said that they would NOT outsource their tractors to anyone and bobcat got a little upset and threatened to stop using kubota motors in their skid-steers. Kubotas response was "fine, if you want to start making tractors, then we'll start making skid-steers." And now tey are offering two models a 75hp and a 90hp. The dealer also said that a team of designers traveled around and took the best features of most of the big name SS's and incorporated them into their unit.

    I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this or if there is any truth to it at all????
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  2. #2
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    I dont know the facts, but it kind of makes sense> If i was going to get in the skidsteer game (i wouldnt, i think theres already too many players there) id take the best from my competitors too,

  3. #3
    Elite Member Duffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,372
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    I went to the dealer today to get a hydraulic filter for my service, they were slow and we started BSing about tractors and things related.

    We got to talking about the bobcat's new tractors. He said that the heard that bobcat went to kubota about wanting to enter the tractor market. Kubota said that they would NOT outsource their tractors to anyone and bobcat got a little upset and threatened to stop using kubota motors in their skid-steers. Kubotas response was "fine, if you want to start making tractors, then we'll start making skid-steers." And now tey are offering two models a 75hp and a 90hp. The dealer also said that a team of designers traveled around and took the best features of most of the big name SS's and incorporated them into their unit.

    I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this or if there is any truth to it at all????
    The story sounds fishy but Kubota is building compact track loaders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kubota-4-jpg   -kubota-ss-jpg   -kubota-ss2-jpg   -kunota-ss3-jpg  
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

  4. #4
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,202
    Location
    adirondacks

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    skidsteers are becoming a big added benifit especially with new techno. Wonder if they replace the tractor in time?

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,673
    Location
    Cedartown, Ga and N. Ga mountains
    Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    I heard a very similar story. When told to me it was said that kubota and Bobcat had an informal agreement that Bobcat would not get into the tractor market if Kubota stayed out of the SS market. When Bobcat announced it was going to sell Kiota under the Bobcat name Kubota started developing SS.

    MarkV

  6. #6
    Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13,586
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    Good to hear that someone else has heard similar.

    I doubt the SS will ever replace the tractor. Skidsteers dont do very well working ground, planting, etc. They are not made to pull, but rather lift. They difinatally have their place in construction but you don't see too many on farms around where I live because the only two things they really use a loader for in unloading pallets of seed/fertalizer, and moving round bales. Instead of a SS that can only do that, most opt to buy a tractor w/ loader so they can also work ground with it.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  7. #7
    Elite Member Duffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,372
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    Good to hear that someone else has heard similar.

    I doubt the SS will ever replace the tractor. Skidsteers dont do very well working ground, planting, etc. They are not made to pull, but rather lift. They difinatally have their place in construction but you don't see too many on farms around where I live because the only two things they really use a loader for in unloading pallets of seed/fertalizer, and moving round bales. Instead of a SS that can only do that, most opt to buy a tractor w/ loader so they can also work ground with it.
    Almost every farm around here has at least one skidloader if not 2, I know one guy with 6.

    You are right the SS will not replace the tractor.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

  8. #8
    Veteran Member powerstroke444e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Location
    Near Springfield IL
    Tractor
    Several tractors/trenchers/mowers

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    Every farm needs over price new truck, ss , a loader tractor and old goat. LOL
    Can't wait to play with the new kubota if it comes out. Hope it is as well built as there other construction lines.
    If it ain't smokin' it's broken.

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Parts Supplier
    MessickFarmEqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,110
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
    When told to me it was said that kubota and Bobcat had an informal agreement that Bobcat would not get into the tractor market if Kubota stayed out of the SS market. When Bobcat announced it was going to sell Kiota under the Bobcat name Kubota started developing SS.

    MarkV
    This is much more along the lines of we've always heard chatter about.

  10. #10
    Elite Member Ductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    Location
    Central New Hampshire
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

    Default Re: Kubota Skid-Steer

    There has been talk about the kubota SS for a couple years now...... even here on this forum. Those pictures of the tracked unit are the first I've seen (though I haven't looked very hard). One thing I'm sure of...... when a Kubota SS hits the market, it'll be done right.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.