Kubota Skid-Steer

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #31  
Actually, Ingresol Rand sold Bobcat to Doosan. :thumbsup:

I was aware of that, however I was under the impression that Doosan was a child company of Daodong and not simply entered into contract to build tractors for Bobcat and had no other relation at all. I stand corrected. Thanks Duffster!:confused2:

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #32  
I live in primarily row crop country with just a few cattle operators and I can't remember the last time I saw a SS on one. A friend wanted to repay us for giving him access to our property by doing some work with his Gehl SS; very nice machine, but really tears the ground up. My son has used a Bobcat 864 on our other farm quite a bit and while they are great for some things, I sure wouldn't give up a tractor for one.

Of course as mentioned, if money wasn't an issue I would have one in addition to TLB, excavator...

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #33  
I was aware of that, however I was under the impression that Doosan was a child company of Daodong and not simply entered into contract to build tractors for Bobcat and had no other relation at all. I stand corrected. Thanks Duffster!:confused2:

Its a contract relationship, although no one would be surprised to see Doosan aquire them.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #34  
Its a contract relationship, although no one would be surprised to see Doosan aquire them.

I would, acquiring Bobcat turned out to be rather a tough bite to chew and swallow for Doosan, but I guess one never knows.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #35  
I've been seeing the new Kubota tracked skid steers showing up around here lately...... I think the model number was ASL 75?

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #36  
Anybody know the price of the two models?

Thanks.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #37  
My understanding was that Bobcat used Kubota engines for their SS. When they were bought this last time, the new owners decided, for whatever reason, to ditch the Kubota engine in favor of another brand here in the US.

This, in turn led to the decision by Kubota to offer a SS in the US. They have been offering SS in the European market for several years. The European model is made by ... a quote will explain it better than I could ...

"The new Thomas built skid steer loaders will be marketed by Kubota, and will be available by 2005 in select European markets," rather than "The new Thomas built skid steer loaders will be branded and marketed by Kubota, and will be available by 2005 in select European markets," (/ CORRECTION - Thomas Equipment to Produce Skid Steer Loaders for Kubota in Select European Markets | Market Wire | Find Articles at BNET)

From what I was told, the new Kubota SS for the US are actually built be Kubota. The new Kubota SS are starting to show up at local dealers.

As far as replacing the tractor, it should be noted that there are already some tractor half-tracks. (Kubota even sells them) They have tracks on the back and wheels in the front. However, word has it that, though they may be good for some types of tractor work, they do not to well for jobs like plowing or other intensive ground work. Has something to do with the amount of traction needed to pull implements through the ground.

Seems the tracks are great for "carrying" heavy loads across soft ground and maneuvering, but when it come to "pulling" they do not dig in and tend to slip on the surface. Thus plowing, followed by disking and rowing just doesn't work too well for the SS.

I have no first hand experience with this, but there are very large potato and cabbage farms in our area and that is what those farmers report.

I did see the Kubota 75 at our local dealer the other day. But alas, I did not have the time to take a good look.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #38  
The rumor that I hear is 45-50K for the SLV75 with cab, and air.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #39  
We got a couple in last week. SVL75W with hydraulic quick attach, pilot valve controls, 72" bucket with bolt on cutting edge, wide rubber tracks - MSRP $51,060.00. The SVL75HWC cab model with the same options MSRP $55,860.00, cabs not available yet.

/ Kubota Skid-Steer #40  
Here's a couple of shots of one..
kubota skidsteer 001.jpg

kubota skidsteer 002.jpg

kubota skidsteer 003.jpg