Eureka Fluid Film

/ Eureka Fluid Film #21  
I have noticed that anything I spray it on stays "slimy" until it wears off.

My question is this: Is there a version of Fluid Film that forms a harder "shell" after application that is more resistant to rubbing off with casual contact?

I have used and Amsoil product called "metal protector" I believe. It sprays on pretty much like FF but dries to hard wax type finish.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
My question is this: Is there a version of Fluid Film that forms a harder "shell" after application that is more resistant to rubbing off with casual contact?
Thanks!
S1

The only formula that fits that description is Fluid Film WRO-EP. It's a wire rope grease and is available only in a 35 Lb. pail. It's kind of a specialty product. Often used in the heavy marine industry.
thumb1213647265.JPG

/ Eureka Fluid Film
how about undercoating trucks?

Fluid Film is widely used as an auto/truck undercoating. We have many dealers that only use Fluid Film for undercoating. It takes just over a gallon for a full size suv. Undercoaters generally charge from $80-$120 per vehicle. Snow removal professionals undercoat their fleets. I have dealers that sell it to school bus companies for the buses. The N.Y. State Thruway Authority uses it on all their snow removal equipment. Some of the appeal of Fluid Film as an undercoating agent is that it is so environmentally friendly.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
I have used the product for a while now.. It's not sold everywhere.. The only place I can find it here is at the JD dealer

I know what you mean kenmac. We're opening new dealers everyday, but some areas are difficult. Lately we've got a lot more Napa stores that have started selling Fluid Film. If anyone has a suggestion for a dealer in their area, I'd appreciate any leads.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #25  
I know what you mean kenmac. We're opening new dealers everyday, but some areas are difficult. Lately we've got a lot more Napa stores that have started selling Fluid Film. If anyone has a suggestion for a dealer in their area, I'd appreciate any leads.

I went to my local JD/NAPA dealer Camden sales to buy just 1 aerosol can to try on my GP/refuse hauler before I placed an order. All they had left in stock was 1 gallon paint cans. I decided to just go ahead and place my order for a kit since it came with 1 aerosol anyway.

I never realized fluid film had so many formula's. I'm not completely understanding the difference between each formula. I think everyone could use some help understanding what each products can be used for.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #26  
Thanks!
S1

The only formula that fits that description is Fluid Film WRO-EP. It's a wire rope grease and is available only in a 35 Lb. pail. It's kind of a specialty product. Often used in the heavy marine industry.
thumb1213647265.JPG

I was wondering if Liquid AR would work as well especially since it comes in a 1 gallon paint can which is allot more convienent for a consumer. It starts as a soft gel does it dry at all? Is it similar to the BW line that stays permanently soft?

Eureka Fluid Film AR

/ Eureka Fluid Film
I never realized fluid film had so many formula's. I'm not completely understanding the difference between each formula. I think everyone could use some help understanding what each products can be used for.

Hi Jim,

When the "NAS" product is combined with a propellent, it becomes "AS".
Fluid Film NAS or AS is by far the best general use formula for most applications on this forum.

"Liquid A" is thinner, but will not last as long (when used outside), and has no UV protection, so it will break down faster. used inside tanks, etc, and for heavy marine applications. Use as a descaler over heavily corroded surfaces. Up to 2 years service.

"AR" is a sem-liquid gel. Not an easy application. Also a heavy marine application, particularly for ballast tanks and voids.Used in the maintenance of aircraft, heavy equipment. Up to 3 - 5 years service.

Please let me know if I can offer any more information.

Bob

/ Eureka Fluid Film #30  
oh i got to the link for eurika film and did not read on i guess i though the rest was like a singnature line, i did not read the rest sorry.