Eureka Fluid Film

/ Eureka Fluid Film
oh i got to the link for eurika film and did not read on i guess i though the rest was like a singnature line, i did not read the rest sorry.

Welcome Clemson! We have to get you using Fluid Film. Have you ever tried it?

/ Eureka Fluid Film #32  
Anybody use this on snow blowers? Does it stop the snow from sticking? How long does it last between applications?

/ Eureka Fluid Film
Anybody use this on snow blowers? Does it stop the snow from sticking? How long does it last between applications?
app_sq_win_snowblower.jpg

Fluid Film will not freeze, and will stay slick because it will not dry. Spray Fluid Film on the auger housing, auger, impeller and coat the inside of the discharge chute to protect and use as a snow release agent.

I spray it in the chute of my Ariens (I only buy USA made, when I can) 2 or 3 times a season, depending on how much snow we get in Massachusetts. Never get a clogged chute.

Anyone have experience with Fluid Film on their snow blowers ?

/ Eureka Fluid Film #34  
I received my order today, thanks bob.:D

I tried using some on the hood of my oxidized F150 and it turned out pretty good actually. Not as good as using glaze and then a wax but pretty good and it was dry to the touch. I want to see how long it lasts on the F150 so I can decide if I want to use it on the tractor and attachments. A little went a long way and it spread really easily considering I just sprayed it on a unwashed truck.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
I received my order today, thanks bob.:D

I tried using some on the hood of my oxidized F150 and it turned out pretty good actually. Not as good as using glaze and then a wax but pretty good and it was dry to the touch. I want to see how long it lasts on the F150 so I can decide if I want to use it on the tractor and attachments. A little went a long way and it spread really easily considering I just sprayed it on a unwashed truck.

Jim,
Thanks for giving Fluid Film a try. Please let us know your opinion on the results. The product is primarily used as rust preventive & lubricant, but as you can see, it holds it's own as a wax substitute also. :)

/ Eureka Fluid Film #36  
Bob,
I actually have 1 cans worth of experience with Fluid Film I had bought at my local JD dealer about 1.5 years ago. I've also used Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector but it has considerably higher VOC content and it only comes in aerosol which is not always the most conveneint. I looked at corrosion X as well but the cost was fairly substantial for just 1 gallon. I bought a kit from you that included 2 gallons, 1 aerosol, a sprayer for the gallons and an extra plastic quart container for the sprayer with shipping included. For the same money I could only buy 1 gallon of corrosion x and I would still have to add in shipping.:eek:

When I compare the 3 products I feel Fluid Film is the most eviromentally friendly and safest to use around my kids and animals. I checked the MSDS for each product and fluid film is clearly the leader in my book. Since finding out I can wipe it and have a dry finish instead of a slick surface I am far happier then in my previous non scientific at home testing. I will still keep a can or 2 of Amsoil HDMP around since I like the wax like surface it leaves. I also have a couple sample I'm testing now with Deep Creep, although its not listed as a corrosion inhibitor it actually seems to be performing well for short term protection. Deep creep is far more flamable the Fluid Film of course which is a real down side and the pale oil will run down if applied vertically.

I'm going to stick with Fluid Film for my primary corrosion protection and of course some lubricating, I have not tested its penetrating abilities, yet.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
Bob,
I'm going to stick with Fluid Film for my primary corrosion protection and of course some lubricating, I have not tested its penetrating abilities, yet.

Let us know the results when you've got a verdict Jim. Good, bad, or in the middle. ;)

/ Eureka Fluid Film #38  
Bob1008 thanks for the dealer list, there are a few dealers around, if I go their way I'll try some{they seem to be where I don't travel} :( . Not sure if your looking for other dealers but we have an excellent NAPA in Dolgeville NY very friendly folks and a joy to do business with?

/ Eureka Fluid Film #39  
I just picked up 2 spray cans today. At 9 bucks each this stuff better be good.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #40  
I've been using the aerosol on different items and I found a use I had not thought of before although I am sure someone has. I have 3 vehicles with oxidized plastic headlight lenses, 1 is a F150 (trusty rusty) a 99 grand caravan and a 04 sonata. On the F150 I sprayed a little on the lense and wiped it into the lense with a paper towel it made no difference but the headlights on it also have moisture inside and I think the headlights are basicly shot. On the Caravan I had excellent results and the headlights looks considerably improved. The sonata is not nearly as bad as the caravan but still looked greatly improved. I don't know how long it will last on plastic but I am very happy with the results. I have sanded and polished the headlights on the caravan in the past but over time they simply go back to look like crud and providing poor lighting.