1026R or 2520 having a tough time

/ 1026R or 2520 having a tough time #41  
It's not so much the weight of the tractor, it's the tires and the tire size/footprint. A good quick way to judge two tractors of any weight with similar tires would be to compare the tire pressure -- whichever has lower PSI will leave less impact on the ground (this is true of any vehicles). If the tires are loaded, then you will want to factor that in separately (there is a way to calculate it).

Anyhow, that's a long way to say that you can go with larger tractors and not necessarily damage the lawn more -- just get turfs if that is important, and remember to keep it in 2WD whenever possible. Something like a 2520 or B2620 with turf tires would definitely be OK on a lawn if you were sensible.

/ 1026R or 2520 having a tough time #42  
Sounds like the perfect compromise is the 2320, check it out as well. Not too big, not too small, just about right, and built in Osaka, Japan by a proven company and workforce. The new 10 series IMHO is neither the same build quality nor does it look as aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

/ 1026R or 2520 having a tough time #43  
Hello,

I'm shopping for a compact tractor, FEL, front snowblower (鐔*~54'') and maybe a mower (depending the size of the tractor). I tried a JD 1026r and it seems to be a great tractor (or a great toy). However, I don't want to regret of not buying a bigger tractor. My concern is about the snow blowing capacity and the use of the FEL for light work. Here, we have a fews big storm in winter (more than 15 inch of snow).

I use frequently a Kubota L2850. It's a nice tractor but the agressive tires with calcium are domageable for the lawn. I like to use the FEL in the snow but I don't like to blow in reverse (it's painful for the neck). And I think that HST is a plus.

I want to know what I can expect from the 1026r and if it's better to go with a 2520 or a orange B2620. I prefer the 1026r to the BX

Regards,

I have used the JD 47" Snow Blower on my JD445 since 1996. I have never ran into a Snow Storm that it could not handle. I just purchased the 1026R and will be transferring the Snow Blower to the new tractor. I am afraid we will not have any more big storms to test out that combination until next year. I do live in the Lake Affect Snow Belt and we run over 100" of snow a year on average. If my blower was worn out, I would have picked up the 54" for the 1026R and maybe if I wear this unit out I will.