2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #51  
@m5040 Nice job on the part!

I have some sympathy for folks trying to stock parts on hand, keep them organized, have the capital tied up in the parts, the labor to keep it running, etc. Folks like Honda gets to make a million parts more or less continuously, at pretty low cost, but not everyone is so fortunate.

I can't say enough about how helpful the folks at Power Trac have been over the years. A+ in my book. I was on a call with them recently and someone trotted out into the warehouse two separate times double checking parts for me.

I was involved in making low volume gizmos and it drove me nuts trying to get our production runs up to the point where we could start to get price breaks on parts, thereby lowering the cost of our gizmos. Larger production runs tied up more capital, making it more expensive for us. I think that it is a definitely a case of "being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea..."

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine
IMG_3346.jpeg

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #53  
Tractor and construction equipment parts are astronomically expensive. PT parts, in comparison, are reasonable.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #55  
Moss Road, did you ever get your engine oil leak repaired?

Not yet. Holidays, ill family member, other things, life, etc....

I did get some nice lighting installed over it in the back garage, however. :ROFLMAO:

And my hydraulic plug/cap kit arrived shortly after I ordered it and I used one cap on a hydraulic hose.

So the engine sits on the garage floor waiting for me.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #59  
So many other discussions have taken place in this thread that I didn't know what progress had been made on your oil leak. I don't like working on machinery in the cold myself.

So many other discussions have taken place in this thread that I didn't know what progress had been made on your oil leak. I don't like working on machinery in the cold myself.
Yeah, we're good for the thread drift, that's for sure! :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind working in the cold. It motivates me to procrastinate better. 🙃

I did dig out the snow shovel just in case. (gasp!).