2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #61  
If it were me, I'd rather buy a new engine if it came to it than have a heart attack shoveling snow.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine
If it were me, I'd rather buy a new engine if it came to it than have a heart attack shoveling snow.
I drive the tractor more because it's fun and saves time, but I can still do physically strenuous stuff and I'm thankful for that. I'll be 63 in a few weeks. Maybe things will change with time. ;)

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #63  
Sitting on the couch not doing anything can cause a premature trip to the cemetary. I'm at the point where I have to decide what's good exercise and where to draw the line.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine
Sitting on the couch not doing anything can cause a premature trip to the cemetary. I'm at the point where I have to decide what's good exercise and where to draw the line.
I think the key is to stay active. Then small bursts of exertion won't hurt you.

We get so little snowfall anymore, that all I have to do is walk back and forth across the driveway pushing the shovel. When I get to the side, I just pull up the handle while kicking the back of the shovel knock the snow into the yard. Pretty much like going for a walk.

/ 2001 PT425 Kohler CH25 Oil Leak - Pull The Engine #65  
Maybe best to find out first where the oil leak is and see what it would take to repair it.....

Just saying
Did you have someone to start the pt and watch to see where the oil is coming from before you pulled the engine? Is the leak like a weeping leak or is it spraying. If it is coming out of the tunnel, from the engine or from the pumps, or the oil tank? My 425 pt is a 2003 model and I have had to replace the hose for the quick attach, but I have noticed a few drops of oil on the floor between jobs. I think my hoses are weeping some but not bad enough to replace yet. If I ever see oil coming out of the tube going through the center section with the blue tube I plan on replacing them all at the same time . I will buy new hoses and fittings to connect the new hoses to the old hoses and pull in the new one as I pull out the old one. Last year I had to replace the fuel pump and the oil sensor. The fuel pump started leaking gas through the oil sensor and the gas went into the oil system and filled the oil pan up and it over flowed and pushed out what I first thought was oil but I could smell the gas and the dip stick was full to the top and you could smell the gas. Didn't cost much to fix , changed the engine oil changed oil filter and changed the fuel filter, it runs good now.