$300 For 50 hour service on L2501

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #41  
Is it not unusual to change hydraulic filters and not the fluid?

I don’t find it unusual, especially at the 50 hour mark. But as you know, there are many interpretations of how service intervals are applied. Unless there is obvious contamination a hydraulic oil change at 50 hours has never been SOP at any of the three dealerships I have worked at representing 4 tractor brands.

It is enlightening to compare service interval recommendations between brands and even between various series within a brand and see the different drain intervals and filter change intervals. When you consider the basic mechanical systems are extremely similar some of the service info is eye opening to say the least.

Last edited:
   / $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #42  

Might vary by brand and size, but my manual only calls for changing the two hydro (main and HST) filters at 50 hours. It doesn't call for changing the transmission/hydro oil until 500 hours for some reason.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #43  
IMHO...
And it is opinion only...
Hydraulic systems need the filter changed at the initial 50 hour service and not the complete system...
I base that opinion on 59 years of life on the farm...
Any contaminants in the fluid are caught by the filters...
As RickB stated if the system has been compromised then yes it should be change at 50 hours...
I don't think there is a definitive right or wrong answer here...
Some companies want the complete hydraulic system drained at the initial 50 hours service and some filters only thus the differences in service recommendations...

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #44  
Good case & point I've mentioned numerous times: For the current KB BX80 series, the factory KB owners manuals for the 2380 & the 23S are different in reference to hydro oil at the 50 hr service. The 2380 requires a full change, the 23S is filter only. To date, no one has been able to explain this....not any dealer, not KB (they sent me a lame BS response to consult my dealer!). They are the same tractor, other than the back hoe. Makes zero sense. I could maybe see the point if it were the other way around, due to the expanded hydro system with a back hoe.

To maintain my factory warranty should a problem arise, I went by the instruction in my particular manual. I've heard too many stories of KB being on the picky side if warranty is questionable.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #45  

Manual for my NH Boomer 24 calls for only changing filters at 50 hours. Fluid is some larger number of hours later, do not have the manual here at work.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #46  
I've got a BIG question...... why does Kubota NOT recommend changing the hydraulic fluid at the first service? Even my cheap cabelas/tym required initial change at 59 hours.

Me thinks depending on a filter is ludicrous at initial service

And don't say filter is good enough. If that was the case, just never change the fluid...

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #47  
Sorry, I'm repeating question, didnt read to last post. But it seems wrong, just wrong.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #48  
You change the fluid because it eventually breaks down and gets water in it due to condensation.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #50  
:laughing::drink:
I've got a BIG question...... why does Kubota NOT recommend changing the hydraulic fluid at the first service? Even my cheap cabelas/tym required initial change at 59 hours.

Me thinks depending on a filter is ludicrous at initial service

And don't say filter is good enough. If that was the case, just never change the fluid...

Maybe Cabelas knows more about their factory fill oil than you do.