$300 For 50 hour service on L2501

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #51  
Manual for my NH Boomer 24 calls for only changing filters at 50 hours. Fluid is some larger number of hours later, do not have the manual here at work.

I've got a BIG question...... why does Kubota NOT recommend changing the hydraulic fluid at the first service? Even my cheap cabelas/tym required initial change at 59 hours....

Mine's the same way. Book says filters at the first 50 hours, then again at 250 hours, fluid at 500 hours.

I got fluid anyways, just in case I spill too much.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #52  
I've got a BIG question...... why does Kubota NOT recommend changing the hydraulic fluid at the first service? Even my cheap cabelas/tym required initial change at 59 hours.

Me thinks depending on a filter is ludicrous at initial service

And don't say filter is good enough. If that was the case, just never change the fluid...
By your statement, I take it you know more than the manufacturer, in this case, Kubota? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #53  
Maybe Cabelas knows more about their factory fill oil than you do.

Maybe. However, as someone who's worked in several large companies who "should know more" let me say, it's not 100% that they do. Yes, someone there DID at some point, when it was designed. That person probably left for another company months ago. I used to work for Verizon, and I can tell you, there are a lot of customers who know more about our systems than most of our techs do. Yes, there were people who were wizards in the company, but they were only on the highest profile/priority tasks.

Just don't put too much stock in "dealer knows best" or "manufacturer knows best". They very well may not, never underestimate the difference that motivation makes; motivation to solve your personal problem is many times that of someone to solve your problem for you. Add the wisdom of sites like this, the manuals.. I'm not saying there aren't people who are much smarter at "should I change hydro fluid or not" than I am. However, I'd argue there's a good chance that person had nothing whatsoever to do with the 50hr determination on your oil. In fact, it was probably just copied from another manual, which was copied from one before it. ;)

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #54  
We changed the HST fluid at the 50 hour service and it was a bit cloudy. The cost for fresh UDT super 2 was minimal

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #56  
Mine's the same way. Book says filters at the first 50 hours, then again at 250 hours, fluid at 500 hours.

I got fluid anyways, just in case I spill too much.

Yep. I had dealer do my service. They bill for a bottle of fluid. Can稚 remember size. They give you the bottle and it is more than half full. So at least now I have some on hand should my check of the dipstick show I am low.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #57  
Those of you that changed your cloudy fluid at 50 hours; if you checked at 100 hours and found it to be cloudy, would you change it again at 100 hours?

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #58  
Those of you that changed your cloudy fluid at 50 hours; if you checked at 100 hours and found it to be cloudy, would you change it again at 100 hours?

Cloudy fluid is probably the result of water from condensation. Obviously not a good thing but it’s way too expensive to keep changing. The easier thing is to give the tractor a frequent work out and it’ll evaporate.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #59  

I change at the factory directed service timing, to maintain my warranty, and because it's very likely they know better than I do! :laughing:

Just FYI, my hydro oil was very clean & clear at the 50 hr. change point. It's now expensive fire starter. :thumbsup:

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #60  
I change at the factory directed service timing, to maintain my warranty, and because it's very likely they know better than I do! :laughing:....................................................................
:thumbsup:

If I found the hydraulic fluid to be cloudy at any time, I would be more concerned as to why it was cloudy and the specific remedy. I wouldn't just change it and move on. Thankfully I have never been faced with that situation.