Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #11  
My experience is that a little bit of slack in the stabilizers is not a bad thing - sometimes even desirable. As others have said, after using the telescoping stabs that came on my L3240, I cussed the turnbuckles on our new to us B5100. It was especially burdensome for The Plant Manager. After I replaced the turnbuckles with Mike Hodge's kit, she was able to hitch our 40" tiller without my help. When we got the B2320, which she uses almost exclusively, another set from Mike was ordered within a week of the tractor's delivery. Like night and day - a 20 minute ordeal was reduced to a few minutes. Mike is a stand up guy and takes pride in his product, and rightfully so. Cast off the turnbuckles of oppression!
-Jim

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #12  
One of the best modifications I've ever done.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #13  
Add a quick hitch and you won't need them.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #14  
Add a quick hitch and you won't need them.

I'm one of if not the only person who doesn't like them, I've got a set for my BX and GL lying in my garage somewhere I took off. I have considered one of these, but don't change implements that often: Quick Hitches | Land Pride

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #16  
I'm one of if not the only person who doesn't like them, I've got a set for my BX and GL lying in my garage somewhere I took off. I have considered one of these, but don't change implements that often: Quick Hitches | Land Pride

Never seen a sub cut QH. When did they release that? What don't you like about them Larry?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #17  
Do you have a quick hitch set up as well?

I did, but took them off.

Never seen a sub cut QH. When did they release that? What don't you like about them Larry?

Must be something wrong with me as I didn't like all the shims and I didn't like how it set my equipment back several inches. I sent the original ones for my GL for the ones that replace the OEM extendable lower links and found I missed the ability to extend, so I just gave up.

As of a couple of years or so ago I can no longer swap equipment, so my sons or brother does that and I told them where the PATS were if they wanted to use them and they declined. My brother uses a Land Pride copy on one of his tractors and likes it, but not the PATS.

PATS are great people with which to do business, so certainly no complaints there. They even shipped my replacement hitches out before they got the originals back.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #20  
Telescopic stabilizers were one of the best mods I did, perhaps THE best mod.

I recently added Pat's Easy Change but still would not be without the telescopic stabilizers.