Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #31  
This is an old thread, but I'll ask for input about the Telescopic Stabilizers for a Kubota L3800. The original turnbuckle set up I have rubs my tire chains, but only when when I'm pushing in reverse with my box blade. Will the clearance be even tighter, or will it be wider with Telescopic Stabilizers?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #32  
The telescopic stabilizers are close to the R4 tires on my L3200, but I always adjust them so they can't make contact. I recall the same about the turnbuckles. If yours rub, are you sure you have them set right?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #33  
The telescopic stabilizers are close to the R4 tires on my L3200, but I always adjust them so they can't make contact. I recall the same about the turnbuckles. If yours rub, are you sure you have them set right?

I have R4 as well, in addition to the chains. It is possible that I have the stabilizers set too loose - the turnbuckle is extended far. I'm still learning, as the tractor and implements are new to me. I think I have only recently figured out the top link and lifting arm adjustments for my box blade, and now I may need to play with the stabilizer adjustments. I expect there is always something to learn.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #34  
I keep my stabilizers tight. I hear you want them loose when running an old dirt plow, but not sure. I keep mine tight for all my impliments though (box blade, mowers, 3pt trencher, land plane, etc.). I like them staying put rather than flopping around side to side, especially when transporting them lifted.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #35  
Here's a video I made a few months back but never uploaded. It would have been timely for another thread I forgot about. Whether you run them tight or loose, the main thing is to make sure the stabilizer links stop sway by putting one link in tension, and that no links ever go into compression. They are not meant to handle compression.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #36  
Nice video, mine seem to hit tension and compression about the same time.
One thing to add is to check your stabilizers through out the full travel of your lift arms,
I have seen several where the length needed could change from full drop to fulllift.