Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It?

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #21  
Mark Hodge is still in business but I believe you can buy an equivalent setup from Kubota.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #22  
I think they are great. The only thing better than telescopic stabilizers is telescopic arms. My L grand has both. Hook up is a snap. No more trying to move the tractor 1/2 inches. My grandpas L3800 doesn't have any of those luxuries. Hooking up an implement on his tractor requires the better part of the afternoon, a large amount of swearing, a big hammer, a large pry bar, a screw driver, a helper, and a case of beer. The Grand doesn't require any of that.,

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It?
Telescopic stabilizers were one of the best mods I did, perhaps THE best mod.

I recently added Pat's Easy Change but still would not be without the telescopic stabilizers.

Can you tell me more about your experiences with using both the Pats and the stabilizers? What do they allow you to do better?
I would probably go with the ones from the dealer which list at $175 so I'm trying to determine if the benefits are worth it. Right now, the hook up of implements is not horrible because of the Pat's....way better than without.
From what others have said here, I'm getting the sense that if I did not have the Pat's, getting the stabilizers would be a no brainer. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in hearing more about the experiences where the tractor has both.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #24  
I did something a bit different for stabilizers on my B7500. It keeps the hitch centered no matter what width the arms are at. It was modeled after the hitch linkage that came with an old IH 686. I do have Pat's on my hitch.

Attachments

• Hitch.JPG
    Hitch.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,769
   / Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #25  
I have the telescopic stabilizers on my Grand L3540, I didn't on my B3200TLB or BX23TLB, I now know what I've been missing, won't leave home without them, Lol.
DevilDog

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #26  
Can you tell me more about your experiences with using both the Pats and the stabilizers? What do they allow you to do better?
I would probably go with the ones from the dealer which list at $175 so I'm trying to determine if the benefits are worth it. Right now, the hook up of implements is not horrible because of the Pat's....way better than without.
From what others have said here, I'm getting the sense that if I did not have the Pat's, getting the stabilizers would be a no brainer. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in hearing more about the experiences where the tractor has both.

I've had the telescopic stabilizers for several years but only have had Pat's for a week or two.

Prior to having Pat's the stabilizers allowed me to pull one pin on each slider so I can slide them out to disconnect easily, then slide them back to hook up a new implement. Then I would raise the 3 point, center the implement and pin one side, then push the implement to the other side and pin the other side. No more fighting the stabilizers.

I don't know how it will go with Pat's. I haven't changed 3 point implements yet. Pat's may not give me much advantage. I'll know more this summer when I switch heavy implements more often.

If I could only have one, I would opt for the sliding stabilizers.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #27  
My turnbuckles on my BX were bent badly. I bought a set from Mark Hodge and love them. One thing I can do with them that you can't do at all with turnbuckles is that I can swing my blade totally offset to one side or the other in seconds. Pull the pins, swing over, reset the pins and go. It let's me more easily catch spill from my bucket when pushing snow. Or extends the blade out to the side as more of a wing. Hookup is the other main benefit.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #28  
My turnbuckles on my BX were bent badly. I bought a set from Mark Hodge and love them. One thing I can do with them that you can't do at all with turnbuckles is that I can swing my blade totally offset to one side or the other in seconds. Pull the pins, swing over, reset the pins and go. It let's me more easily catch spill from my bucket when pushing snow. Or extends the blade out to the side as more of a wing. Hookup is the other main benefit.
That's a great idea never crossed my mind.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #29  
Mark Hodge is still in business but I believe you can buy an equivalent setup from Kubota.

Just posted this in another thread:

You can get them directly from kubota for the L3200/L3800/L3301/L3901 and similar sized tractors. Part # L8430. They were $175 when I bought them. Also available for B models, but I don't have that part #.

/ Adding Telescopic Stabilizer Kit-Worth It? #30  
My 3pt implements are different widths, without major modifications a regular quick hitch will not work. I opted for Pats. Then fought the turnbuckles for width, not very long though, ordered Hodges telescopic stabilizers. Kubota didn't make them for the BX. The stabilizers were the key and Pats was a bonus for my situation. As stated you can swing from one side to the other rather quickly, also can snug them up with washers on the pins, if needed. I don't think a little play on the pins hurts anything.