Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !!

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #41  
PVC without primer tends to come apart at the joints

Yep, and in the case of a potato gun, the joints separate with haste! Been there, done that, laughs were had but it wasn't one of the safest things we ever did in our youth!

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #42  
4. Tractor related; after hooking up "anything" to the three point or drag bar walk around it a couple times and make sure the wood blocks are not in front on the tires or the stand on the blade is put up so you don't do your grading work and then find the stand bent to he!! on the brand new Landpride rear blade.

Guilty... once... (so far).

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #43  
Guilty... once... (so far).

This year getting the haybine opened up and ready to cut; I oiled the chains checked everything over. (I thought) and headed for the field. I could see my wife in the rear view mirror yelling and chasing me. The block of wood (6x6 post) I used to block the tire was still blocking the tire. I was just dragging the haybine through the gravel driveway. 1 more lessoned learned. Again!
Look, you can see the block.:)

DSCN2920.JPG

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #44  
You just really wanted to reblade your driveway, and this was the "excuse" to do it, right?

:laughing:

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #45  
yes! But once you do this once in front of a lot of people you never do it again.
I've done this once too and I have one from experience to add.

After launching your boat without the plug in, calming your wife and sister-in-law, running to boat into the bank, then finding the plug and inserting it. Do not idle out of the marina with the bilge pump running and decide to shove the throttle wide open. All that water in the boat will rush to the back and the boat will stand straight up on it's tail. You will be looking at the clouds in the sky. Then, when you pull the throttle back to idle the water will all rush to the front and the FRONT OF THE BOAT WILL GO COMPLETELY UNDER WATER. We ended up with only a few inches of my one year old boat above the water. Needless to say I idled out into the lake and let the little pump clean the water out. Was scared to death the water would short out the battery and kept the motor running. Scared the wife so bad I thought I was going to never get her back in it. After this SHE always checked the plug after I did.

RSKY

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #47  
Never go to sea with people you are unsure of or have doubts about.

You might not return ...

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #48  
Operating with that cruise control on the new tractor you just bought may require practice.

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #49  
Don't throw lacquer thinner into a smouldering wood stove to get it started burning again. Especially don't blow in the door when it doesn't light off. Eyebrows gone, hair singed. Guy at work did it, too funny.

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #50  
#9. While passing a truck and noticing the twisted straps, think twice about giving negative opinion about his tie down technique. It's done intentionally to prevent high speed harmonics (vibration) due to airflow. Bonus points if you admire the well placed bundle of excess straps cinched under.

Yep. Flat straps are flapping straps.