Amazing...

/ Amazing... #42  
I have the 5.0, it has all the power I need, mileage could be better but I do not have all the maintenance needs of a diesel, plus diesel fuel is not a perfume to me….

/ Amazing...
plus diesel fuel is not a perfume to me….
Gasoline stinks much worse IMO. Back when I bought the truck in 1997, diesel was much lower in price than gasoline was and a diesel produces much better torque rise at a lower RPM than a gas motor does.

/ Amazing...
Maintenance needs on a diesel is no more than a gas motor and... No spark plugs or ignition system failures to deal with either.

/ Amazing... #45  
I do not argue your points, I think the problem with diesel diol is that it does not evaporate as readily so if someone splashes it on the nozzle handle, then you wear it.

Another point that I didn’t mention earlier is most of the fuel stations I fill up at only have one or two diesel pumps, and the rest are all gasoline and it seems like most diesel drivers like to park their truck at the pump and then go in and spend half an hour, ordering food, and or whatever tying up the pumps so when I do have to fill my jugs for my tractor, I either have to pump with their truck in the way or wait.

/ Amazing... #46  
Maintenance needs on a diesel is no more than a gas motor and... No spark plugs or ignition system failures to deal with either.
I’m at 120,000 miles on my truck and so far the only service I’ve done to my truck engine is cleaning the injection system.

I’m sure the next time I take it in for service they will be recommending quite a bit of things as it’s getting to that point inits life

The biggest problem I have with any engine is squirrel damage, as mentioned in other threads, I have probably spent between five and 10 grand keeping my wiring intact or at least putting my wiring back into intact status, so I’m not sure if that would be more expensive or less expensive with a diesel, but I would say it’s probably on par with a gasser

/ Amazing... #47  
I had a mid 1980s F250 with the 6.9 diesel. I didn't like it having two large batteries, more engine oil and a larger oil filter so I sold it to a tree service company and bought a C2500 with a 350 chevy engine that's more to my lighter duty needs. The F250 was 2wd. With all the weight on the front end, the F250 would spin the rear tires and not go anywhere if there any frost on the grass.

All the trucks now get better MPG, but they cost so much and are so much more complicated.

/ Amazing...
Get yourself a box of scented dry sheets and place them under the hood and inside the cab. That eliminates that issue and for the real savvy mouse, the Victor green mouse cubes work well too. If you wife has cats, just be apprised that if a cat eats a 'loaded' mouse, the cat dies as well. My wife likes cats and has a few but I don't so I keep my yap shut when they come up missing. IMO, cats only do 4 things, they puke, they pee and they poop and nothing else worthwhile.

/ Amazing...
I had a mid 1980s F250 with the 6.9 diesel
6.9 Navistar motors were all dogs to begin with. My first 350 was also 2 wheel drive and it would get stuck in wet grass. I not so fondly remember having to use a gasoline soaked rag over the air inlet to get the 6.9 started when it was below freezing.

/ Amazing... #50  
For the last year or so I’ve been using a mint spray that works well ( I think)
Since I have been using it religiously I have not had another issue(knock on wood)
I also try to be more attentive to putting the truck away when it’s not going to be used.
Don’t have a wife, don’t have a cat