Antifreee question?

/ Antifreee question? #32  
JJZ 109,
Where did you get your Fleetguard Precharged?

Tractor Supply carries it. But it doesn't come cheap. It was $15.99 a gallon.
I guess that I was mistaken about the name. It's Fleet Charge.
Not sure about your '99 Powerstroke, but I've seen it recommended at Dieselstop for my '97 to also use distilled water when refilling after a flush. Apparently this eliminates the mineral content and other things found in tap water.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/fleet-charge-reg-fleet-charge-antifreeze-1-gal--8000177

/ Antifreee question? #33  
Earlier in the thread, Nalcool was mentioned as an additive. Without reigniting the debate, would this be a good choice regardless of the opinions about other additives? If so, where would you get it?

/ Antifreee question? #34  
Earlier in the thread, Nalcool was mentioned as an additive. Without reigniting the debate, would this be a good choice regardless of the opinions about other additives? If so, where would you get it?

I did a search and found several different models of Nalcool out there. 2000, 3000, etc.

/ Antifreee question? #35  
Every class eight truck dealer will have it. Detroit dealers will have it. I still have the nalcool bottles, Detroit calls it power cool, it has the antifreeze mixed with it.. Cummins calls it DCA2. Pen-cool. same stuff.
I give up arguing with idiots, use what you want to do not mix different types, and keep it clean.
If you do a flush, you can use Restore it is a great product, it is a little pricey I use a mixture of Arm and hammer washing soda mixed in a pail of warm water with a paint type mixer, and if any sign of oil a little Dawn dish washer soap pore that into anouther pail and with the system drained fill it and I use to use it for at least 1/2 hour or in a vehicle go to work and back. drain and refill till it comes out clean then do a couple of flushes. If you have access to air blowing a reverse flush threw the heater core is a good idea.
Minimum antifreeze protection should be -34F I do -50F.
You have a great new year.

/ Antifreee question? #36  
Thanks for the reply. :)

/ Antifreee question? #37  
Not sure about your '99 Powerstroke, but I've seen it recommended at Dieselstop for my '97 to also use distilled water when refilling after a flush. Apparently this eliminates the mineral content and other things found in tap water.

Fleet Charge Fleet Charge Antifreeze, 1 gal. - 8000177 | Tractor Supply Company

But if a Kubota does not need it, why use it? His 99 or our 97 powerchoke (diff displacement) also has wetliners and does need it. Some Kubota's do and most do not.

Is dieselstop the same owner as the old Forddiesel.com? Owner is a %%^&*.

/ Antifreee question? #38  
But if a Kubota does not need it, why use it? His 99 or our 97 powerchoke (diff displacement) also has wetliners and does need it. Some Kubota's do and most do not.

Is dieselstop the same owner as the old Forddiesel.com? Owner is a %%^&*.

I'd use it for the reason I already mentioned. Because it's already in my garage and to keep from having several different brands laying around taking up space.
As far as Dieselstop, I don't know who owns it. Don't really care. Some good guys there that have given me good advice, that's what I do care about.

/ Antifreee question? #39  

Fleet Charge Fleet Charge Antifreeze, 1 gal. - 8000177 | Tractor Supply Company

have you seen a bottle of plain green stuff lately? many stores are selling it at 12.99$ which make sthe 16$ precharge look not that bad actually! .. mind you the sca/dca isn't too much mooney.. but then you have to test strip it.. and the precharge is already at correct mix.. etc. thus easier.. etc..

soundguy

/ Antifreee question? #40  
Fleet Charge is available from most HD truck distributors like Freightliner, Kenworth, Wester Star, Peterbilt, Volvo, and International. You can also find Fleetguard ES Compleat from these same locations. Detroit Diesel distributors sell DD Power Cool additives and Power Cool Antifreeze (Fleet Charge). You can also get precharged coolant from your CaseIH dealer under their own brand label. Deere sells their own nitrite-free OAT but may have a precharged conventional coolant but not likely Fleetguard as Deere is only interested in selling their own private label coolants as they do make their own. Same story for Fleetguard and some other brands of filters like Baldwin or WIX. Many of these same dealers sell more than one brand of filters.

I see that NAPA is listed frequently. NAPA is actually more expensive but their selling point is they may have a wider selection on some equipment and may also deliver. NAPA filter products are manufactured by WIX as are Big A and CarQuest.