Antifreee question?

/ Antifreee question? #41  
Fleet Charge is available from most HD truck distributors like Freightliner, Kenworth, Wester Star, Peterbilt, Volvo, and International. You can also find Fleetguard ES Compleat from these same locations. Detroit Diesel distributors sell DD Power Cool additives and Power Cool Antifreeze (Fleet Charge). You can also get precharged coolant from your CaseIH dealer under their own brand label. Deere sells their own nitrite-free OAT but may have a precharged conventional coolant but not likely Fleetguard as Deere is only interested in selling their own private label coolants as they do make their own. Same story for Fleetguard and some other brands of filters like Baldwin or WIX. Many of these same dealers sell more than one brand of filters.

I see that NAPA is listed frequently. NAPA is actually more expensive but their selling point is they may have a wider selection on some equipment and may also deliver. NAPA filter products are manufactured by WIX as are Big A and CarQuest.

Great info but again in many Kubotas using a SCA or pre-charged coolant is not needed. As far as Carquest, I do not shop there, it is junk.

/ Antifreee question? #42  
. As far as Carquest, I do not shop there, it is junk.

blanket statements like that are rarely true or correct... :(

I by some nice high quality felpro kits from carquest.

felpro is not junk....

soundguy

/ Antifreee question? #43  
One has to remember, Another man's junk is another man's Gold.

/ Antifreee question? #44  
:confused:
blanket statements like that are rarely true or correct... :(

I by some nice high quality felpro kits from carquest.

felpro is not junk....

soundguy

Really I have tried to buy many parts there; Car rotors are junk (run out was crap)..rad was junk (did not align), fuel filter was garbage.

Sorry, I do not like China parts. I will buy OEM and last 4X longer...and WORK! I noticed some Toyota anti-freeze there. IT was outdated and more money then a dealer! YEA!!!!

They will never get my money again.

/ Antifreee question? #45  
:confused:

Really I have tried to buy many parts there; Car rotors are junk (run out was crap)..rad was junk (did not align), fuel filter was garbage.

Sorry, I do not like China parts. I will buy OEM and last 4X longer...and WORK! I noticed some Toyota anti-freeze there. IT was outdated and more money then a dealer! YEA!!!!

They will never get my money again.

i guess it's individual parts you are getting that are issues.

I buy only standard ignition or bluestreak ignition parts.. or BW.. they are BETTER than what the oem dealer has been offering, which many times are TISCO..

I'd say you might have a bad local store, moreso than carquest as a company issue..

soundguy

/ Antifreee question? #46  
Great info but again in many Kubotas using a SCA or pre-charged coolant is not needed. As far as Carquest, I do not shop there, it is junk.

Not required in a parent bore (non wet linered engine), however, there are added benefits from using an SCA precharged coolant or the addition of an SCA charging solution like Cummins DCA.

The SCA additive will reduce scaling in the radiator, solder bloom and fall out from additives in the ethylene gycol antifreeze you use.

I add SCA precharge to all my water cooled engines. It's cheap insurance for longevity of your cooling system, especially your expensive radiator.

/ Antifreee question? #47  
Not required in a parent bore (non wet linered engine), however, there are added benefits from using an SCA precharged coolant or the addition of an SCA charging solution like Cummins DCA.

The SCA additive will reduce scaling in the radiator, solder bloom and fall out from additives in the ethylene gycol antifreeze you use.

I add SCA precharge to all my water cooled engines. It's cheap insurance for longevity of your cooling system, especially your expensive radiator.

And the SCA fallout too and need to be added every XX hours. I use Fleetrite and call it a day. In 20+ years rads are like new. Using a good water and scaling will be 98% gone.