Any experience with a landscape rake?

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #11  
Here is another of my experiences with the 6' landscape rake, it is also front mount:

P8220005.JPG
P8220007.JPG
P9010007.JPG
P9010008.JPG

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #12  
I use a 7' landscape rake to maintain my ½ mile gravel drive. It works very well for that application, but in your case, with "small rocks" the issue, even at an angle it will likely leave 20%-30% of them on the surface.

A previous poster had a great idea, IMO, by welding a bunch of hand held rake "blades" together and mounting on the landscape rake super structure, so those could be angled. That would do a superior job in getting almost all of the rocks accumulated.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #13  
Depending how much land you need to remove rocks from you may be better off hiring someone with a rock hound attachment on a skid steer or possibly renting one if a local place has it available.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #14  
Here is my experience with the 6' landscape rake in the normal 3 point configuration:

P5230002.JPG
P5230003.JPG
P5230005.JPG
P5230012.JPG
P5230013.JPG
P5230017.JPG

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #15  
Is there anyone with out a bent up rake? Lol. Mine also started to bend but fixed it for good.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #16  
I needed something quick for clean up when I got my landscape rake and TSC was the place locally to have one available so I bought it. Sure wish I had not...

Mine looked like a pretzel after first use, in just 30 minutes raking up some limbs I noticed something wasn't right and could not believe damage. Didn't hang it on anything big or solid to put that much strain on it, as it turns out it is just made of soft metal.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #17  
Na that's just normal metal. I have a TSC one I bought new also. I had to re design it slightly so the pivot pipe didnt only attach to a 6in wide section of the tine frame. That's the same reason why all these bend.

I got the idea from a Woods brand rake.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #18  
Post a pic of what you did, I have tossed a few ideas around but not settled on any one plan yet.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #19  
Post a pic of what you did, I have tossed a few ideas around but not settled on any one plan yet.
I dont have a pic of mine but this is the general idea. You spread that twisting load that's put on the tine holder way out from the pivot.

I cut off the pivot tube right at my tine holding bar and welded in a 3' section of 2x4" angle iron and filled in below the angle to the tine bar. I have backed into trees by accident hard enough that I broke one outer tine off and didnt bend the rake. It's been a few years since I have done this and raked many acres of land.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013-094829_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013-094829_Samsung Internet.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20231013-094841_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231013-094841_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Any experience with a landscape rake? #20  
I’m considering one for the BX.