Any experience with a landscape rake?

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #21  
about 25 years ago we cleared some land and had a lot of 2 to 4 inch rocks- I set the rock rake at 45 degreed and raked them into a windrow and another tractor scooped them up in the FEL and dumped them into a gulley. Worked great.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #22  
Many good suggestions posted above.

On flat level ground, I have better luck raking stones with a grader blade at a 45 degree angle. I set the gauge wheels so the blade rides a half inch above the surface. I also extend the top link as far as possible to get a more aggressive blade angle. This keeps the blade from riding up over the stone. Yeah, you do pick up some dirt as well but it's easily raked back into place once the stones are removed.

I use this trick mostly for removing stones that have been plowed onto the lawn during the winter. If set properly, the blade does less damage to the grass than the rake tines.

On irregular or sloped ground, you can't beat a top & tilt kit for making adjustments on the fly without getting off the tractor.

P1050623a.jpg
P1050622a.jpg

P1050632a.jpg
P1050633a.jpg

/ Any experience with a landscape rake?
Thanks all for your input! The experience with the TSC rake is especially valuable as that was where I was going to purchase one.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #24  
Many good suggestions posted above.

On flat level ground, I have better luck raking stones with a grader blade at a 45 degree angle. I set the gauge wheels so the blade rides a half inch above the surface. I also extend the top link as far as possible to get a more aggressive blade angle. This keeps the blade from riding up over the stone. Yeah, you do pick up some dirt as well but it's easily raked back into place once the stones are removed.

I use this trick mostly for removing stones that have been plowed onto the lawn during the winter. If set properly, the blade does less damage to the grass than the rake tines.

On irregular or sloped ground, you can't beat a top & tilt kit for making adjustments on the fly without getting off the tractor.

View attachment 826825 View attachment 826824
View attachment 826826 View attachment 826827
Nice York rake. They are definitely a cut above most of them. If I was buying a rake with your money I would get one just like that :LOL:

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #26  
Nice York rake. They are definitely a cut above most of them. If I was buying a rake with your money I would get one just like that :LOL:
I wish I had spent the extra $$ and bought the York in the first place before busting up two cheapo models. I've been using it hard for 18 years now and it's been bullet proof.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #27  
   / Any experience with a landscape rake? #28  
At some price point your better off just spending a bit more and getting a harley rake.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #29  
At some price point your better off just spending a bit more and getting a harley rake.
I've got an old 7 foot BH rake. Bought it from the neighbor for $200 20 yrs ago and added a cylinder last year to change the angle. Best modification. This rake is used for surface rock collection.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #30  
Landscape rake works great. However once you get rocks built up it will start pulling dirt also. So make a pass to pull rocks into a pile, then you should remove the row of rocks from the field by hand most likely, then repeat. You will be done in no time. Then regrade the dirt that you pulled with the rocks.