Any experience with a landscape rake?

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #31  
At some price point your better off just spending a bit more and getting a harley rake.
And a track loader with enough ponies under the hood to run it efficiently.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #32  
I always found that running a landscape rake at higher ground speeds for rock removal gave better results than running slower ground speeds. I have a 8' Frontier land scape rake and it does a very decent job at making windrows of rocks. I very rarely run it at 45 degrees. Usually at 22.5 degrees. At that angle and around 12-15 mph ground speed, the spring tines really kick the rocks out and the dirt basically falls to the side of or under the vibrating springs.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #33  
Also, experiment with your adjustable top link. Having the spring tines adjusted for a more aggressive bite will cause it to dig in and pull more dirt up with the rock.

/ Any experience with a landscape rake? #34  
Landscape rake works great. However once you get rocks built up it will start pulling dirt also. So make a pass to pull rocks into a pile, then you should remove the row of rocks from the field by hand most likely, then repeat. You will be done in no time. Then regrade the dirt that you pulled with the rocks.
I like to angle the rake and keep pulling the windrow over until it is 'too big'. Leave it and start a new. Or if a small area just pull everything to the center using the angled rake. Then if you are serious about rock and dirt separation scoop up the rows with your rock bucket.
I do this annually for myself as we grow rocks in our fire break areas. Done if a few neighbors who have barren horse pastures or turnouts.
Works well too if the gravel on your gravel road is all kicked off to the edges. The angled rake can pull and spread it all back into place.

Attachments

• smooth edge rock bucket.jpg
    smooth edge rock bucket.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 29