Anyone else favor older tractors to newer ones?

/ Anyone else favor older tractors to newer ones? #101  
I went from using and old Farmall Super C and Farmall M to my Mahindra Max 26xl HST, bought new in '16. Basically everything gets done faster and easier now. Especially little chores and jobs the Max is the perfect size and so easy to work with, but you can't beat the simplicity and dependability of the old tractors. I'd like to see my Max in 70 years and see how it is holding up, but I'll bet the M is still going strong if it is taken care of.

If anyone else here has ever used a "trip bucket" and loader without down pressure, like the one on our M, you'll really learn to appreciate your totally hydraulic FEL, LOL.

Yea but that trip bucket was sooooo much better then the alternatives.

/ Anyone else favor older tractors to newer ones? #102  
That is not a calendar picture,,, THIS is a calendar picture,,, :D

2012-09-09141258800x519.jpg

and,, yes, it still can earn its keep,,,

Spring1_zpsqdng5v4d.jpg

That's a very nice tractor, enough HP for it's size, manuverable, a good loader, and the 74-84 series ran good.
They could be rough starting in the cold. And if someone burns out the parking brake it's a pain as well as replacing / repairing the main brakes.
But overall a very nice utility tractor. The only problems stem from straddling that transmission when it's working hard for several hours on a hot day.
And they are not the handiest tractors to mount and dismount from.

/ Anyone else favor older tractors to newer ones? #103  
That is not a calendar picture,,, THIS is a calendar picture,,, :D

2012-09-09141258800x519.jpg

and,, yes, it still can earn its keep,,,

Spring1_zpsqdng5v4d.jpg
Dang that tractor is NICE :thumbsup:

/ Anyone else favor older tractors to newer ones? #104  
That's a very nice tractor, enough HP for it's size, manuverable, a good loader, and the 74-84 series ran good.
They could be rough starting in the cold. And if someone burns out the parking brake it's a pain as well as replacing / repairing the main brakes.
But overall a very nice utility tractor. The only problems stem from straddling that transmission when it's working hard for several hours on a hot day.
And they are not the handiest tractors to mount and dismount from.

I use my Ford for mowing in the Summer running a 3pt flail. After a couple hours it's very hot straddling the trans. Still love the ole kid. :cool: