Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #51  
Not a very good picture but my Load Max has the full length rub rail, stake pockets and pipe spools, front and back. I notice some stake pockets aren't full size, 2x4 won't fit. These stake pocket winches are kinda cool.

2612-porta-winch-truck-winch-for-stake-pockets-outward-offset_1_175.jpg

1021231222.jpg

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?
I wish I could use stationary winch straps, but it seems I frequently need to “vary” my anchoring points for the hooks and winch ends.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #53  
I like the pockets/rails on the front of that trailer. Although it isn't clear if there is a back to the pockets to actually hold a stake. It is beyond me why they didn't go further forward as well as behind the fender with the pockets/rails.

I like using the pockets on my Morgan flatbed (no longer in business) for ratchet straps. At least for the strap end. There is no way for it to fall out when fed through a pocket, and I know the pockets are solid (channel iron).

As far as the I-Beams, I was seeing that in the Youtube reviews. It is a nice concept. It sounded like the trailers were slightly higher due to the I-Beams than many competitor trailers, but a stronger construction.

However, my Morgan is similar to what the presenter calls the double-6, and I believe it is a bit weak on the rear end. No cracks that I know of, but it seems to bend down slightly behind the rear axle with a heavy load on the rear. Eventually I'll do some modifications to strengthen the mid section.

3,351lbs is a HEAVY trailer. But it does look well built.
I'm not sure that 3351lbs is that heavy for a 14k/16k trailer that is 22' long. My 18' 7k trailer is 2500lbs with chains and straps in the toolbox. It has a 5" frame rail and it is doubled from the axles forward, but goes single for the tongue.

Just the additional length of the frame steel alone may add 500lbs to 700lbs (it says 10lbs per foot of beam) and the 7k lbs axles/springs are heavier and the cross members are likely heavier too.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #54  
I wish I could use stationary winch straps, but it seems I frequently need to “vary” my anchoring points for the hooks and winch ends.

Agreed, I use the sliders for my flatbed with channel rail.

3259-low-profile-portable-winch-w-2-set-screws-side-mount_1_175.jpg

0429211609.jpg

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #55  
I put 5,400# WLL D-rings in each stake pocket. My straps have twisted snap hooks on each end. If I need one in-between the stake pockets I use a reinforced axle strap on the rub rail. I am switching my transport chains over to clevis snap hooks with safety latches that clip on the D-rings. I can wrap the chain around the axle and hook it back on itself. Even if the strap or chain loosens up, it won't come free. Makes it easy to secure the load by yourself.

20230928_171651.jpg

20230928_171635.jpg

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer?
I jut pull my hooks downward between the rubrail and the side frame of the trailer and “hang” my strap hooks on the top edge of the rub rail. Even if they come loose, it won’t fall off.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #57  
Based on what I read on here I wouldn't buy one. Then or now. Trailer companies for whatever reason don't typically change their atmosphere enough to make a difference in the way they build equipment from what I have seen. Case in point is Gator. Terrible build quality and always has been yet they sell a ton of trailers. If I ever see a trailer stranded by the road around here it will surely be a Gator.
Well, that's not always the case, I bought a Gatormade 25+5 gooseneck trailer brand new in 2015 and have never had so much as one problem with it , the pierced frame was obviously done with a machine as it is perfect, the welds are all as good as any I have seen on any other brand and amazing as it may sound it still has the original 17.5 tires and they still look good, not trying to sell anybody on one but I have had good luck with mine, over built with 14" I beam frame and heavy, yes, terrible build quality, no.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #58  
I just saw a used 22’ Iron Bull trailer with 7k axles and in the gray paint/power-coating today and it’s for sale.

It looks really nice with the standard type fold up ramps but I wonder if I’d rather have slide in ramps like my current trailer.

The other thing is the jack is so close to the coupler that I wouldn’t be able to open my tailgate without bumping the jack.

Attachments

• IMG_4113.jpeg
    IMG_4113.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
   / Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #59  
I just saw a used 22’ Iron Bull trailer with 7k axles and in the gray paint/power-coating today and it’s for sale.

It looks really nice with the standard type fold up ramps but I wonder if I’d rather have slide in ramps like my current trailer.

The other thing is the jack is so close to the coupler that I wouldn’t be able to open my tailgate without bumping the jack.

I can drop my tailgate while hooked up to mine. Still a couple inches of clearance. Probably would depend on your ball mount too.

/ Anyone own an Iron Bull trailer? #60  
Love it so far. Tows like a dream…very smooth, and is much quieter than my PJ over bumps and rough roads.
Still loving your Iron Bull?
Looking at Lamar or Iron Bull and struggling to decide.
We have a Big Tex 14k x 20 EE and love it but paid a fair amount more than either of these which both look very comprable in quality.

2024 Iron Bull ETB 7x20 14K Equipment Trailer Dovetail - $6690
2024 Lamar H6 20' 14K Bumper Trailer Dovetail - $6690

The local dealer doesn't have both of the exact models, but the ones they do have don't make my decision any easier.. The paint looks better on the Lamar, but I had never heard of either of these brands until last week when I found these.

Any extra thoughts on the IB would be appreciated. .. and anyone with experience with the Lamar.. please chime in.
TIA.