Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked?

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #51  
🥜
Invest in what? The stock market has been quite volatile lately, my portfolio is down for the year so far.
Real estate is so over-priced right now that it's not really a good investment either, and not very liquid.

If it was that easy, then everybody would be rich. Trying to time the market is a fool's errand.
Only a fool tries to time the market. These investments are for the long haul. Same with Real Estate. If you need to liquefy in near term you shouldn't be investing in anything. Spend your money now before inflation eats it up. Otherwise take advantage of the bargains that are becoming available as a long term investment. That is what I meant by "buy low, sell high".

Edit: I am speaking of the casual investor, not folks who do this for a living.

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #52  
I looks like the prices for gas, diesel, used cars, and other commodities have peaked from the tremendous surge of the last year..

But has anyone seen the tractor prices easing up, have they peaked and beginning to go down or at least level off.
No to tractor prices easing up. Demand will keep the prices high. Little to do with fuel prices.

A lot due to EPA regs now and more coming.

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #53  
The Permian Basin is hopping right now but it will not help prices in the short term. Our operator has filed for 34 new horizontal drilling permits this month on our West Texas property in the Permian Basin. It is all private land and the drilling permits go through the Texas Railroad Commission, not the feds. To get a permit approved takes 10 days, unless you need a spacing waiver, which takes about 30 days. Once your drilling permit is approved you have to find an available drill rig, move it and set it up, and drill all the wells branching out at that location, which can be up to 10. Our wells will be drilled at 5 different locations. The wells at each site are drilled 25' apart anywhere from 8,500' to 13,000' deep vertically and then horizontally for 2 1/2 miles. Then you have put in the wellheads, pumps, tanks, and lay pipeline to carry the product offsite. You normally have to lay 2 pipelines as you are getting oil and natural gas from each well. From filing for a permit to oil and gas flowing to production will take about a year.

Another consideration on how it impacts prices is that a well has a life-span, typically 30 years. There is not this dramatic increase in production just because new wells are being drilled. While new wells are coming on-line, older wells are going off-line. You get 50% of the total lifetime output in the first 3 years and after that it drops off pretty quick. When a well doesn't produce enough to pay for itself, it gets capped or used for injection. The price per barrel determines that, the higher the price the longer it stays in production. This graph works for West Texas wells, which are similar to Oklahoma wells.

1650085716556.png

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked?
No to tractor prices easing up. Demand will keep the prices high. Little to do with fuel prices.

I am seeing tractor inventory piling up at the dealers in the south, how's it look where you are at or at the dealers near you?

Invest in what? The stock market has been quite volatile lately, my portfolio is down for the year so far.
Real estate is so over-priced right now that it's not really a good investment either, and not very liquid.

If it was that easy, then everybody would be rich. Trying to time the market is a fool's errand.
I work in real estate, so you know what my answer is going to be, and right now we are booming to say the least. The main thing is finding good property for great value, as the everglades is close and we all know about 'swampland' in Florida....

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #57  

What new regs are coming for tractors?

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #58  
I am seeing tractor inventory piling up at the dealers in the south, how's it look where you are at or at the dealers near you?
It's piling up because of the price gouging. My dad saw a commercial on TV a couple days ago for Kubota. You know if they're advertising in a market like this they're on the hunt for suckers.

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #59  
It's piling up because of the price gouging. My dad saw a commercial on TV a couple days ago for Kubota. You know if they're advertising in a market like this they're on the hunt for suckers.
It's the total opposite in the tracked skid steer market, they ( Kubota ) are offering the best prices by far over their competitors, not sure what the difference is.

/ Are tractor prices dropping, have they peaked? #60  
It's the total opposite in the tracked skid steer market, they ( Kubota ) are offering the best prices by far over their competitors, not sure what the difference is.
The perceived product in the skid steer market gives them more competition. While many people look to Kubota early for a Scut or CUT, for a tracked skid you would typically look to Bobcat or Cat, before Kubota. I don't know that the reputation is fair on either product, but it is what it is.