Attaching attachments

/ Attaching attachments #41  
Let me see, i would have to get off to hook up the belt on the mower? i have to get off to hook up the quick couplers on the bucket and the plow? i'm all ready off to do that ...... lol.... jim

/ Attaching attachments #42  
johara, it sounds like you get off the tractor to enable you to see better, which I guess I can see your point there as it is a small window from the seated position. However, what I'm saying is if you are having to get off and go to the front of the attachment, and physically body slam that thing into place, then you are doing something wrong.

I live very near the Ventrac plant and have been to many of their local dealers, and these tractors and attachments are made so you can couple them from the seated position. If manhandling them works for you then fine...but see how that works when you hit 60.

/ Attaching attachments #43  
If anyone is interested I can post some pics of my tractor arms which I ground a bit to further aid in easy engagement. And no I didn't void my warranty, I did it on my first Ventrac and its one the first things I did on my new 4200 Gas.

/ Attaching attachments #44  
-zGso4RanHwGCmInHNSqxiduZ_3qm0BJpN_7Wyq7kY6b61w-06jBIefLKxW9Fw4VWxzxfEyqdoolSxmS2d-Vlqqpdw8gtwO6ElwahMpkck80aH-xDGzt2C0Q7aJ4lknxn7yS21nMWTheon8JDTTM0uwfKfqLoE_GykrfqIuXtBFXhH2xhtwR8I17kWP8X4W4DXua58aytXbgTi305hGIt_DZ1nX6Z21OeFuK8F4oY9JQICSzgxFtD2VEqPQGqGcl2CWCW7K9CulRCQcXa6wjj-2fwEH3P1edBosMDiz7DUmD4uK-EQfRL-i1tho1k2yUd1pZNX39SxqGJV5K2pDwN4sr4gsrwKrZRS2ZheuJSMzLODY0yebDSVCeSo3zIwCS9wQFJRs0trX8MQ_FGWiOcWs5reGJMNifSHd7Lm6Mz-LKUQS-vLi4oD6hMa1y6TE0lff6Bt85FYVhgsDK5fAtQXxEY7x5jiBTBK0R4-be617-zC5QbDMyCw35JKi38UxgMKIAe_vgJ3kknfunmiEbKEdJ2Az2wrHzCeGppCcw6_RH_njORvIdpyVwQmZPvDlxEMdNNpJY3y74fu5XQ-nHNhZm7Qvw5EPsrF9pwPXkLMUKXHPGGw=w1300-h731-no

For me initially, this was my most common attachment problem. In the pic you can see that the tractor arm is just slightly below the plane of the attachment arm. Point A will contact point B and not allow the last inch of engagement. I slightly rounded point A to help it slide over point B. On my first Ventrac I rounded this arm even more with no adverse effects. I would recommend though a more slight rounding as pictured.

Last edited:
   / Attaching attachments #45  
I guess when you hit 73 you learn easier ways to do things, I just put the arms down so they will start and run the tractor in till they are in far enough to start raise them till they are level give them a little wiggle till they are aliened. Run it in in till it stops and lock it, then hook up the belt or quick couplers. I don't have to body slam anything, i see no need to round off the front what has a 1/4" clearance, or grease it..... jim

/ Attaching attachments #46  
I guess when you hit 73 you learn easier ways to do things, I just put the arms down so they will start and run the tractor in till they are in far enough to start raise them till they are level give them a little wiggle till they are aliened. Run it in in till it stops and lock it, then hook up the belt or quick couplers. I don't have to body slam anything, i see no need to round off the front what has a 1/4" clearance, or grease it..... jim

What I have learned to do, through trial and error, is to have the hitch arms on the tractor a bit lower than the arms of the attachment. Then I approach the attachment. When the hitch arms of the tractor are parallel to and just a bit below the arms of the attachment, I slowly raise the hitch arms of the tractor hitch until I just begin to see the arms of the attachment rise. Then I move forward, and most of the time, I can engage the locking lever with no problem.

/ Attaching attachments #47  
Great minds...................

See post #9.

prs

/ Attaching attachments #48  
I see nothing hard about hooking up these attachments, a little common sense goes along way. Your not running a crane with a 300 ft. stick inside a building being directed with a radio.... jim