B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #11  
And pallet forks.

Ho, I almost forgot, what Toolguy said about turf tires is right. They are better in snow and softer for the lawn.

Attachments

• 892108-DSC03499.jpg
    892108-DSC03499.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 225
   / B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #12  
And pallet forks.

Ho, I almost forgot, what Toolguy said about turf tires is right. They are better in snow and softer for the lawn.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #13  
Toolguy mentions (above) the use of skid shoes on a back blade. Can anyone tell me how to go about mounting skid shoes on a (cheap) Speeco 5' back blade? I know I can buy the shoes at Tractor Supply and elsewhere, but does anyone know of a commercially available bolt-on or weld-on set of brackets to hold the skid shoes?

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #14  
Toolguy mentions (above) the use of skid shoes on a back blade. Can anyone tell me how to go about mounting skid shoes on a (cheap) Speeco 5' back blade? I know I can buy the shoes at Tractor Supply and elsewhere, but does anyone know of a commercially available bolt-on or weld-on set of brackets to hold the skid shoes?

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #15  
I clear our 1200' Albany,NH driveway with my 7610(no cab) and a 5' front Kubota blower. I like it much better than plowing. I keep the skid plates maxed to keep down on the gravel bite and wait until the ground's frozen before I start. I maintain the driveway with a Woods grade rake. It works fine but since I've never used a box blade or rear blade they may be a better choice. Make a dolly for the blower with some plywood layers screwed together and casters and you can easily move it around the garage. Keep a good supply of shear pins around and take a picture of the position of the auger positions on the shaft for easy reference until you get used to finding the hole position(never for me) when they shear. Biggest plus is NO snowbanks...

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #16  
I clear our 1200' Albany,NH driveway with my 7610(no cab) and a 5' front Kubota blower. I like it much better than plowing. I keep the skid plates maxed to keep down on the gravel bite and wait until the ground's frozen before I start. I maintain the driveway with a Woods grade rake. It works fine but since I've never used a box blade or rear blade they may be a better choice. Make a dolly for the blower with some plywood layers screwed together and casters and you can easily move it around the garage. Keep a good supply of shear pins around and take a picture of the position of the auger positions on the shaft for easy reference until you get used to finding the hole position(never for me) when they shear. Biggest plus is NO snowbanks...

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal
Thanks all for the input. You have reaffirmed my original plan to go with the front snow blower and mid mount mower. I will also get the quick attach for the bucket and pallet forks and a rear blade for grooming and snow plowing small amounts. I will also get the rear ballast box to offset FEL loads.

Now as to those tires...should I internally ballast the turf tires or get chains for traction when snow blowing? Do they even make chains for those bad boys?

And for transporting, I will have either the snow blower or the pallet forks on when I need to take it to my business location so do I get a 77" wide trailer or an 83" wide trailer? I suppose I should make room for the 72" MMM in case I need to transport with it on. And what about the offset between front wheel width and rear wheel width when using loading ramps for the trailer? If the ramps are set close enough for the front wheels will there be enough for the rear wheels?

Thanks again for your input - great forum, glad I found it before purchasing - now I can be an 'informed' buyer!
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal
Thanks all for the input. You have reaffirmed my original plan to go with the front snow blower and mid mount mower. I will also get the quick attach for the bucket and pallet forks and a rear blade for grooming and snow plowing small amounts. I will also get the rear ballast box to offset FEL loads.

Now as to those tires...should I internally ballast the turf tires or get chains for traction when snow blowing? Do they even make chains for those bad boys?

And for transporting, I will have either the snow blower or the pallet forks on when I need to take it to my business location so do I get a 77" wide trailer or an 83" wide trailer? I suppose I should make room for the 72" MMM in case I need to transport with it on. And what about the offset between front wheel width and rear wheel width when using loading ramps for the trailer? If the ramps are set close enough for the front wheels will there be enough for the rear wheels?

Thanks again for your input - great forum, glad I found it before purchasing - now I can be an 'informed' buyer!
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #19  
I have a B3030 with front mount blower which I used this past winter on my gravel driveway, so I can offer a few comments. First, I'd seriously consider getting at least the optional hydraulic chute rotator. I have both hydraulic rotator and hydraulic deflector on mine and they work great.

I wouldn't fill your tires, specially becuase your mowing with it. I'd try and see how your traction is next winter first.

I have the 60" mmm and sometimes wish I had the 72", so going big if you can is a good choice.

I had a rear blade for a while, and honestly I could never really get the hang of it. I do have a box blade now and I like it much better. The sides of the box run along the ground which helps stop the gouging. To each is own, some guys like a blade, others a box, but for me - it's box only.

I was going to order a rear ballast box and I'm glad I didn't. I find that the box blade makes for a nice rear ballast - why not have a functional item attached rather than a designated ballast box?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks all for the input. You have reaffirmed my original plan to go with the front snow blower and mid mount mower. I will also get the quick attach for the bucket and pallet forks and a rear blade for grooming and snow plowing small amounts. I will also get the rear ballast box to offset FEL loads.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #20  
I have a B3030 with front mount blower which I used this past winter on my gravel driveway, so I can offer a few comments. First, I'd seriously consider getting at least the optional hydraulic chute rotator. I have both hydraulic rotator and hydraulic deflector on mine and they work great.

I wouldn't fill your tires, specially becuase your mowing with it. I'd try and see how your traction is next winter first.

I have the 60" mmm and sometimes wish I had the 72", so going big if you can is a good choice.

I had a rear blade for a while, and honestly I could never really get the hang of it. I do have a box blade now and I like it much better. The sides of the box run along the ground which helps stop the gouging. To each is own, some guys like a blade, others a box, but for me - it's box only.

I was going to order a rear ballast box and I'm glad I didn't. I find that the box blade makes for a nice rear ballast - why not have a functional item attached rather than a designated ballast box?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks all for the input. You have reaffirmed my original plan to go with the front snow blower and mid mount mower. I will also get the quick attach for the bucket and pallet forks and a rear blade for grooming and snow plowing small amounts. I will also get the rear ballast box to offset FEL loads.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>