B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal
One more question on a trailer: Can I get by with a single 5000# axle or do I need dual axles? I would be transporting with either the snow blower (2800# total) or FEL with Pallet Forks but I can't find the weight of FEL+PFs. It would be nice If I could get by with just a 12ft single 3500# axle trailer, but a 14ft x 83" with dual 3500# axles may be better.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal
One more question on a trailer: Can I get by with a single 5000# axle or do I need dual axles? I would be transporting with either the snow blower (2800# total) or FEL with Pallet Forks but I can't find the weight of FEL+PFs. It would be nice If I could get by with just a 12ft single 3500# axle trailer, but a 14ft x 83" with dual 3500# axles may be better.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One more question on a trailer: Can I get by with a single 5000# axle or do I need dual axles? I would be transporting with either the snow blower (2800# total) or FEL with Pallet Forks but I can't find the weight of FEL+PFs. It would be nice If I could get by with just a 12ft single 3500# axle trailer, but a 14ft x 83" with dual 3500# axles may be better. )</font>

Go for the dual axle, it's a much better tracking trailer. I've used both types with smaller machines, and I'd never go back to the single axle. Sounds like you'll be trailering regularly, so go for the larger trailer, rather than a small single axle that might barely handle the load - you'll be a lot safer with the bigger trailer when you've got to hit the brakes hard after some jerk pulls out in front of you. Make sure you get trailer brakes, too - should come standard with any dual axle trailer. And dual 3500# axles should be the minimum trailer to consider, IMO and based on my experience with trailers over the last 20+ years.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One more question on a trailer: Can I get by with a single 5000# axle or do I need dual axles? I would be transporting with either the snow blower (2800# total) or FEL with Pallet Forks but I can't find the weight of FEL+PFs. It would be nice If I could get by with just a 12ft single 3500# axle trailer, but a 14ft x 83" with dual 3500# axles may be better. )</font>

Go for the dual axle, it's a much better tracking trailer. I've used both types with smaller machines, and I'd never go back to the single axle. Sounds like you'll be trailering regularly, so go for the larger trailer, rather than a small single axle that might barely handle the load - you'll be a lot safer with the bigger trailer when you've got to hit the brakes hard after some jerk pulls out in front of you. Make sure you get trailer brakes, too - should come standard with any dual axle trailer. And dual 3500# axles should be the minimum trailer to consider, IMO and based on my experience with trailers over the last 20+ years.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #35  
Single axles bounce bad, go for the dual axle, its a better set up by far.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #36  
Single axles bounce bad, go for the dual axle, its a better set up by far.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #37  
kingoflawns: I'm not sure about what you're looking for but I have this pic of the deflector. This is the only close up that I have (cylinders are removed right now). I hope it'll give you a good idea.

solrheat: dual axle without hesitation.

Attachments

• 893841-BX23 SB64 pic7.jpg
    893841-BX23 SB64 pic7.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 172
   / B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #38  
kingoflawns: I'm not sure about what you're looking for but I have this pic of the deflector. This is the only close up that I have (cylinders are removed right now). I hope it'll give you a good idea.

solrheat: dual axle without hesitation.

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #39  
Thankx stef, good shot, i assume the loader control stick operates the deflector as well. Im wondering why its not on my 2782 as i paid well over 4 grand for it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ B3030 Mowing and Snow Removal #40  
Thankx stef, good shot, i assume the loader control stick operates the deflector as well. Im wondering why its not on my 2782 as i paid well over 4 grand for it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif