Backhoe Decision

/ Backhoe Decision
There is a used #47 ( think this is the right size for your 4300 ) on ebay now at a buy it now price of $2600, and it looks good. Thing I don't see with it is the sub-frame.
Chris

Looks rough to me. Rust everywhere and pitted rods on the cylinders. Too far away anyway.

/ Backhoe Decision #42  
There is a dealer in Michigan that has some good deals on woods backhoes and his shipping was not bad at all. Cant recall the name but been mentioned on here before and someone may recall it. I was looking for one for my Kubota 5100 and he beat everyone else around here. I ended up buying a Mini Ex and am personally glad I did - awesome machine but understand they are over kill in some cases. Good luck on your search

/ Backhoe Decision
There is a dealer in Michigan that has some good deals on woods backhoes and his shipping was not bad at all. Cant recall the name but been mentioned on here before and someone may recall it. I was looking for one for my Kubota 5100 and he beat everyone else around here. I ended up buying a Mini Ex and am personally glad I did - awesome machine but understand they are over kill in some cases. Good luck on your search

I'm all ears...

/ Backhoe Decision #44  
I was wrong, buy it now price is $2800. But I agree with Roy above, he could be parting out a tractor. I'd be contacting him and offering $3000 for the hoe and the sub frame if he has it. Yes, you will put a little more money into it, but would end up with a nice factory hoe setup for way under $4000 with the shipping. With no sub frame, I'd offer accordingly figuring you would have to find one at a tractor salvage yard, frame could end up being hard to find. The size is perfectly matched for your tractor. And for the jobs you described, it would work perfectly for and sure be better than using a shovel.
Chris

/ Backhoe Decision #45  
Remember you can always rent. I had two backhoes 1 attached to my Kubota and I only used it once. The other attached to my CAT skid steer and only used it once. Both time I imagined more use, but in the long run I didn't. I sold them both and now If I need backhoe I'll just rent for the day for a few hundred dollars.

/ Backhoe Decision
I was wrong, buy it now price is $2800. But I agree with Roy above, he could be parting out a tractor. I'd be contacting him and offering $3000 for the hoe and the sub frame if he has it. Yes, you will put a little more money into it, but would end up with a nice factory hoe setup for way under $4000 with the shipping. With no sub frame, I'd offer accordingly figuring you would have to find one at a tractor salvage yard, frame could end up being hard to find. The size is perfectly matched for your tractor. And for the jobs you described, it would work perfectly for and sure be better than using a shovel.
Chris
Some good points made, and still a consideration. I looked at a 47 hoe back in November, bit it was rough and asking price was $3500.
I was contacted by a fellow in Virginia today that has a backhoe for sale at a fair price and I'm just waiting for some photos to make my decision. It's a subframe mounted hoe too, so that's even better for me.
Might be a road trip in the near future.

/ Backhoe Decision
Well, I was contacted by a member on here and was able to buy his new, old stock, Woods BH70-x backhoe. He had bought it in 2014, but never installed it. Was well taken care of and fairly priced. Even has the manual thumb option, and came with a 16" bucket.
I have ordered a subframe from my local Woods dealer, and it should be here in a couple of weeks.:cool2:
C37E1A49-88F7-45A2-AF0A-680BE189DDF6.JPGD7BD38F2-DCC9-4171-953E-DE544C1D639B.JPG

/ Backhoe Decision #48  
Looks nice and new. Congrats. Just don't forget to remove that pin before you swing the boom. Good luck and happy digging.