Best Christmas Gifts?

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #11  
stevevdw said:
How about a tractor radio? Tractor supply or Northern tool carry them.

I agree that music is nice but so is keeping your hearing intact. I therefore wear earplugs which makes enjoying a radio kinda tough. I haven't done it yet but have toyed with the idea of using noice cancelling headphones or ear buds. Those could then be plugged into a small radio or iPod in your pocket. The noise cancelling feature of those headphones works well for airplane noise. Has anyone tried them on a tractor? Open or closed style?

By the way, FWJ, your shoes are a size too big and way too wide but the rest of your stuff would fit me fine. If you get anything this year you don't want send it along. I have an extra "Got grapple" tee shirt I could trade.:)

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #12  
Lights might be nice for the tractor, but one of my all time favorite Christmas gifts was my digital game camera. It's shown us what animals we have on our land, when they are active and what they look like. We can identify and have names allot of them from the pictures we've seen. It's fun for the entire family, and every week when we download the pics, we're all around the computer together to see what's on there.

If you don't have one, you are missing out on a really fun way to see what's roaming around on your land.

Eddie

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #13  
EddieWalker said:
my all time favorite Christmas gifts was my digital game camera.

What camera do you have and what megapixel.

jmf

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #14  
IslandTractor said:
...I therefore wear earplugs which makes enjoying a radio kinda tough. I haven't done it yet but have toyed with the idea of using noice cancelling headphones or ear buds. Those could then be plugged into a small radio or iPod in your pocket. The noise cancelling feature of those headphones works well for airplane noise. Has anyone tried them on a tractor? Open or closed style?

Funny you should ask. I just picked up a pair of AO safety "worktunes" hearing protection AM/FM headphones at Home Depot this past weekend, in anticipation of several hours of leaf collection work. I shoulld have done this years ago!! Greatly reduces the noise level and you can easily listen to the music.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #15  
The Game Camera is a great idea. I've enjoyed mine immensely!
Another good gift is a CCM hydraulic top link for those who don't have one. How about Pat's EZ change system? Something a little less expensive would be a bolt on tool box or a rifle/ gun scabbard.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #16  
Island: I use a pair of noise canceling headphones with my MP3 player while I work the tractor or mow the lawn. They are very effective and you can still hear enough to know if I hit a stone with the mower. It keeps out the constant drown but you can hear sharp sudden noises.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #17  
ToadHill said:
Island: I use a pair of noise canceling headphones with my MP3 player while I work the tractor or mow the lawn. They are very effective and you can still hear enough to know if I hit a stone with the mower. It keeps out the constant drown but you can hear sharp sudden noises.

Which headphones do you have?

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #18  
IslandTractor said:
Which headphones do you have?

Afternoon Ed,
Ive been using these Bell & Howell while bushogging, they really knock the back round noise down and you get to enjoy your favorite station ! :) Im sure there are better noise canceling headsets out there but in my opinion these work quite well !

BTW Im still waiting for new tractor photos ! ;)

Attachments

• Headphones.JPG
    Headphones.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 177
   / Best Christmas Gifts? #19  
Gatorboy said:
suicide knob ...

Afternoon Dave,
I would only need one of those is I was half way done mowing the field,and all the stores in the area were closed, and it was my wifes' birthday and she is standing waving her arms wildly in my direction, and suddenly I realized I missed a very important date ! :eek: ;) :)

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #20  
racer71, my choices, with various price points, would be

PATS easy change
steering wheel knobs (3 if a Kubota with hydraulic connection to front axle)
front and/or rear work lights
hydraulic top link
additional rear hydraulic connection
tilt meter
rear view mirror
SMV sign and mount