Best Christmas Gifts?

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #21  
jmfox said:
What camera do you have and what megapixel.

jmf

I don't remember all the details on it, but I did start a thread on it last year. Some of the other guys posted info on their game cams too, along with some really cool pics.

Eddie

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #23  
I recently bought from Northern Tool one of these receiver hitches that allows me to tow a trailer with the 3PH on my tractor:

Flexpoint Adapter Turns Your 3-Point Hitch into Versatile 2in. Receiver, Model# FPHS-1 | 3-Point Hitch Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

I actually bought it to solve a problem with connecting/disconnecting to/from my ground-driven manure spreader. It not only completely solved that issue (I use a receiver hitch without the ball), but it also make moving trailers (horse, camper, utility) around the property quite easily. A great $200 gift for tractor owners who have trailers.

Details on using the manure spreader:
The problem I was having was that my Frontier ground-driven manure spreader's user manual said that the tongue jack shouldn't be used when the spreader was full. The problem I was having was that I compost my horse manure, so I have to park the spreader next to the pile, disconnect, load the spreader with the FEL, reconnect, spread, park, disconnect, load, reconnect, spread, ... The problem was that while parked, I theoretically couldn't use the tongue jack. I'd tried to set the tongue on two 4x6's with wedges, but once loaded the trailer tongue height would lower a bit so I couldn't reconnect it easily.

Now with the 3PH receiver hitch, I park the trailer, my wife places wheel chocks and 2 stacked 4x6's under the spreader tongue, I lower the hitch using the 3PH, my wife pulls the hitch pin, I pull away, load, than I back up to the spreader and use the 3PH to adjust the height for pin reinsertion, my wife inserts the pin, I lift the tongue off the 4x6's, my wife pulls the chocks and 4x6's away, and off I go to spread. Since the spreader (and all my trailers) are front tongue heavy there are no issues with tongue lift at reasonably slow speeds.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #24  
I think we scared Racer71 away... haven't heard from him since he asked the question:)

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #25  
I also want a game camera, specifically a Cuddeback no flash they are kinda spendy but the pictures are fantastic night or day

/ Best Christmas Gifts?
I'm still here. My gift ideas seam to out run my budget.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #27  
Okay, lower budget... How about some chains, and maybe some kind of chain holder for the tractor. I have found that I use my chains almost as much as some of my attachments.
Dave

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #28  
A good assortment of plastic funnels.... some with long snouts.... always handy

How about a bunch of either cloth or paper rags... good to clean hands with.

GOOP is wonderful stuff for cleaning hands... wonderful gift if the person is still trying to use soap for greasy hands

How about a $5 flashlight from Harbor Freight... they have 12 LED's, bright light, use 3 AAA batteries which I've not replaced so far.. just a few inches long, fit into pocket and I actually carry one all the time... use it about once a day(er. night)

All above are stocking stuffer expense items.... but very handy.

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #29  
I need some new cheap tools to keep in my tractor toolbox, so I can put the good ones back in the toolbox in the garage. A bottle of Power Service diesel treatment is also pretty affordable. JC

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #30  
All I want for Christmas is my two front lights, yes, my two front lights, yes, my two front lights.
.....Utility lights are great when you have to go blow snow, so I am told.
David from jax