Best Christmas Gifts?

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #41  
sandman2234 said:
All I want for Christmas is my two front lights, yes, my two front lights, yes, my two front lights.
.....Utility lights are great when you have to go blow snow, so I am told.
David from jax
David,

You could always buy a snowblower and use it to move sand dunes after a hurricane. I bet that would be fun :D . You could dress up in a scarf, boggin, and shorts/t-shirt. :eek: . Of course your neighbors might call the guys in the white truck, with the white jackets. :eek:

Chris

P.S. I hope it snows here in Alabama this year. 1" and school closes for 3 days. My 5 year old sure would like to see snow in person. Of course I don't want snow like the blizzard of '93 when we had 6' drifts and no power for two weeks. :mad:

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #42  
P_P_G- I think you need to make a change to your internet options. I can't help you with IE.. but try this in Firefox, I suspect IE has a similar thing. The commands I am using are from Netscape 9.0, but it is very similar to Firefox.

I figured it out after trying it on a different computer here at work. If one doesn't have the "show images" option turned on in their tbn options, they can't see the full image. With "show images" turned off, when one clicks on the link in the post it brings up the thumbnail in a new window. This thumbnail is unclickable.

And here I thought work was blocking tractor ****.

So I might as well make my Christmas list. But being a bad boy this year, I doubt I'll get anything.
1) Pallet Forks
2) Chipper

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #43  
Usually the best Chistmas presents are the ones you get yourself. So I finally broke down and ordered a top-link from Carter&Carter. JC

/ Best Christmas Gifts? #44  
Racer71 said:
What are the best gifts for a tractor owner? :rolleyes:

Dreamland:
Attachments!!!
-Backhoe
-plow
-Rear blade
-new harrow
Wire Feed Welder
New heated shop

Closer to reality:
-Yellow diesel fuel can to avoid the frequent "Did I actually put kerosene in the blue can this time or did I just think about it again"
-Good Canvas tarp for covering the tractor, loads, etc.
-Basic set of Hand tools for the tractor

You can never go wrong with these. Even if I got it last year for Christmas, they're all still things I could stand to receive again...
-Straps - both heavy and light duty
-Clamps - You can never have too many clamps
-gloves - see "clamps", but the gloves have to be the right size (medium for me if anyone needed to know.)
-Tire pressure guage(s) - Whenever I need one, it's in a different vehicle than the one I'm driving today.
-Cheap blue tarps - These have become a consumable in my world and I'm always trying to get one more use out of whatever one I have. They're great for the stuff that needs a tarp, but isn't worth ruining a good canvas tarp for (i.e. under a load of gravel in the truck bed). Getting a new one as a gift would be a nice excuse to dispose of whatever oldest one I have.
-Cotter pins, lynch pins, hitch pins and other assorted pins - these are so handy that they always get used for other things besides tractor stuff, like in place of a lock on a hasp, etc. Then when I need a pin it's always a bolt or bent nail in the hole where the pin should go. Having a box of pins somewhere would be nice.