Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #221  
Hey folks, new member here on the hunt for a new compact FEL. Looking in the 25 HP range, considering all brands, have quotes from Kubota, Mahindra, Bobcat, Kioti, and waiting for a quote from JD. Long story short, I reeeeally like the Bobcat CT2025. ... Thoughts....?

Still operating (eg: yesterday) my 2nd and 3rd ~30 hp CUTs I got a good look at a Kioti CK2610 when picking up the '04 TC33DA last Sept. (19 yrs with NHs, btw) It's barely different than the CT2025 except for the ghastly color of one of them. (just paint the wheels ;))

You're considering a capable 30-35hp-class CUT that's just de-tuned to <25hp for compliance. Recognize that 'rated hp' can be misleading as to 'usable torque' when not at full rated RPM. Most of these 1.5 and 1.7 L engines produce peak torque below 2k RPM and we do much of our best work between 1600 and 2200 when not using PTO tools.

Compare tire sizes, loader capacities, and weight (wt=traction) and that Kioti and Bobcat have 3-range vs 2-range HST and I'd bet your list will shrink precipitously.

Did I mention you could paint the wheels? :D

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #222  
Hey folks, new member here on the hunt for a new compact FEL. Looking in the 25 HP range, considering all brands, have quotes from Kubota, Mahindra, Bobcat, Kioti, and waiting for a quote from JD. Long story short, I reeeeally like the Bobcat CT2025.

Anyone out there have one of the new ones, how do you like it? I understand it痴 a rebadged Kioti, but from what I read it sounds like Kioti owners are quite happy with those machines....

Thoughts....?

fwiw, BN, I've had my CT2025 for two weeks now. This, after many months of poring over pretty much all of the competitors' websites, YouTube-ing ad nauseum, and driving every dealer within 200 miles crazy. I'm sure there are some missing bells & whistles, but the must-haves "appear" all to be present. (I profess no previous tractor experience, but I wish my car had this build quality....) And for the price? I am very happy and/or quite willing to live with my mistake. Again, fwiw....

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #223  
:welcome:
fwiw, BN, I've had my CT2025 for two weeks now. This, after many months of poring over pretty much all of the competitors' websites, YouTube-ing ad nauseum, and driving every dealer within 200 miles crazy. I'm sure there are some missing bells & whistles, but the must-haves "appear" all to be present. (I profess no previous tractor experience, but I wish my car had this build quality....) And for the price? I am very happy and/or quite willing to live with my mistake. Again, fwiw....

:welcome:

We look forward to pictures and hearing about how you put it to use.

TBS

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #224  

Thank you for the input! I actually ended up going with the Mahindra 1626.

Primarily, I was deterred by the Bobcat dealers attitude when asking questions about the machine. Only furthering the decision to move away from the Bobcat was the fact that they couldn’t get any in for several weeks, admitting that they “don’t do many tractors”. With all that, I decided dealer support was a key factor for me. The Mahindra is carried by the best dealer around (IMHO), I’m extremely comfortable with knowing that I’ll get the support I need if I need it.

Good luck with your Bobcat, please report back on your ownership experience from time to time!

Last edited:
   / Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #225  
:thumbsup: In comparison, I am NOT sure I will be getting the dealer support I need, just "less sure" of the alternatives.... (Boy! interacting with equipment salespeople was such a different experiences than at car/truck dealerships.... I'm not saying "good" or "bad," but certainly different.) Best of luck with your purchase.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #226  
I have had my CT235 for 11 years, had a great experience with my salesman who later bought the dealership, and what little need of support I have needed, I have never been disappointed.

They have always been there for what little support I have needed, and seemingly always went out of their way to make me happy

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #227  
Bobcat can't catch a break. The first time they tried tractors, the economy went into a tail slide. This time it is Covid19. Wow.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #229  
I've been riding mine for a few weeks without a face covering and, so far, no symptoms. (For the tractor.) :) My only concern for BC is its dealer network. My dealer also sells Kubota and clearly would have preferred that I purchase the latter.....

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #230  
:welcome: And don't look back.

Maybe the dealer just wants you to break a tractor and doesn't see getting much repair $$ if you bought one you won't. ;)

WIMI you're hardly going to bust a 35hp tractor that's been 'de-tuned' to be simpler to own/operate. I'm operating 2nd and 3rd now 30 & 35hp CUTs, replacements of my 23hp. Same o'all size, weight, ranges and FELs, even tire sizes, I can''t tell them one from the other. (include CT2025 & 2610 for the numbers) We use torque not o'all hp and 1600-2000 rpm will do 95 of your chores at the engine's peak torque and efficiency.

btw, a flail mower will cut far wider for hp and maneuver better than a rotary. 60" flail or 48" rotary by my experience for our machines, and I'm doing 1" blackberries with a 53" flail w/hammers at ~95% PTO rpm to 1 1/2" tall. And I wish any of my NHs had FEL power to match yours. :eek: