Branson Tractor

/ Branson Tractor #21  
I have the same thing with my fuel gauge. Went to fill it yesterday morning, gauge said 1/4 tank, didn't even take a whole 5 gal jug to overflow the top. Going to ask about it next time it's in for service. Maybe sending unit is out of adjustment. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to judge refuels better. A good old fashioned sight glass on the side of the tank would be just fine for me.

Tomire, I don't usually run my tractor at 2500, unless I'm brush hogging. Even then, most the time I'm on the 750 rpm (540E), so I'm running at around 2000.

/ Branson Tractor #22  
I got to go over and take a look at a 3520R that they use for their business yesterday and was just wondering how close in size they were. The 3520R was fairly quiet to be a 3 cylinder.

Does the 3725CH come standard with front and rear wiper? I can’t find that on there website. How does the heater do in cold weather (below zero). I seen where it comes standard with radio but how is the quality? Can you hear it clearly while operating the tractor?

Thanks again for the info.

I don't have a 3725, but my 8050 has a good heater once it warms up.
I do cover the hood air inlets in cold weather to get it to temperature, on mine the diffusers for the air
do not direct air to the windows well and I have to run the with the AC on and the temp set to remove the humidity
if I'm in the tractor for over 20 minutes the humidity will cloud the windows and then frost them over the AC will
remove the humidity, I did purchase a small fan that I was going to mount to blow more air on the windshield but
I haven't installed it. I would expect that most engines in your area get covers to restrict the air flow in the winter.

/ Branson Tractor #23  
On my 3725 when the gauge is one mark below half, I can just get 5 gallons in. That's on level ground. The gauge goes high or low when going up or down slopes.
I use about a gallon an hour at PTO speed. Somewhat less when mowing, more when chipping. Running the PTO chipper on larger materlal needs all the power the engine can produce, so the governor is maxing out fuel delivery.

I felt the 3520 was quieter than the Kubota L3301 I test drove, and the 3725 quieter still.

/ Branson Tractor #24  
Isn't a reserve pretty much part of every fuel gage? I'm talking about 4 gallons (out of 11) filling it from 1/4 tank.

/ Branson Tractor
Yes, most engines have covers over the radiators up here and I will do the same on the tractor. Also the air is really dry up here in the winter. People use a lot of lotion to keep skin from drying out. I can’t wait to get my tractor. Plowing snow will be a lot more fun. Anyone using a converted truck plow on there 3725? I have a 7.5’ Meyer plow that will be going on the front of the tractor so I will also need a 3rd Function kit. Hopefully I can get that added from the factory.

/ Branson Tractor #26  
I have the same thing with my fuel gauge. Went to fill it yesterday morning, gauge said 1/4 tank, didn't even take a whole 5 gal jug to overflow the top. Going to ask about it next time it's in for service. Maybe sending unit is out of adjustment. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to judge refuels better. A good old fashioned sight glass on the side of the tank would be just fine for me.

Tomire, I don't usually run my tractor at 2500, unless I'm brush hogging. Even then, most the time I'm on the 750 rpm (540E), so I'm running at around 2000.

It was all bush hogging on hilly ground. Tried the econo setting but quickly went back to 2500.
Let me know what your dealer tells you on the fuel gage. Be interested to know

/ Branson Tractor
Is a diverted kit and 3rd function kit the same? We never had a tractor with a loader on it at our farm so I have no experience with one.

/ Branson Tractor #29  
Hopefully your dealer will offer you a price break if you order your tractor with the 3rd function at the time of order. Try to work that plus the installation into the deal to save a few $.

/ Branson Tractor #30  
A diverter uses the loader's curl circuit. With the switch activated it diverts the flow to the accessory, with it not activated it goes to the bucket curl. A true 3rd function works like a rear remote. If it's using an electric switch, there's two momentary switches, one for one direction one for the other.

With a diverter you can feather the joystick to get slower cylinder motion. With a 3rd function there's only closed or open. I'm using a third rear remote for my grapple now and I never feather it- the lids move slow enough that its not needed. Theoretically with a 3rd function you can move the loader, curl the bucket and operate the 3rd function all at once. I think our loader valves are not that sophisticated- I can't seem to get the bucket to curl while I'm moving the loader. When I move the loader and the 3pt at the same time (to test to see if a 3rd function would work when operating the loader) the 3pt does not move.

With my loader valve I think the choice comes down to how I want to operate the grapple- with two momentary switches (or a rocker) or one switch and moving the joystick to the side.