Branson Tractor

/ Branson Tractor
It’s suppose to be new and also they have a new upgrade diverted kit from what they said. The BL200 comes with a 72” bucket and lifts 2700 lbs I think. They are getting me the specs and something that says what all the standard options are for the 3725CH.

Slowpoke Slim, did yours come with the new/upgraded seat with armrest?

/ Branson Tractor #42  
No armrests on my seat. We're heading out for the weekend, doing a little camping. I'll take a pic of my seat when we get back if you want.

I bought my tractor last March, so any "new" features for this year won't be on my tractor.

/ Branson Tractor #44  
Branson seems to be getting worse about keeping up to date info on the internet.

+1. Branson could take over the world if they had a modern website. I get so aggravated with their business practices.

Hire a freaking intern and get yourselves into the 21st century, for heaven sakes!

/ Branson Tractor #45  
I don't know why they don't get that most people now want to look stuff up on the internet, not call the dealer for every little thing. That's the old model.

Speaking of which, the little rubber flapper valve on my 3725's air filter housing lid has torn. Since the filters themselves are Donaldson and the housing looks like Donaldson, I figured the valve would be. It's not. It appears that the housing is a copy that takes Donaldson filters. I emailed my dealer and the valve is $35 plus $15 shipping from Branson's parts depot. For a little rubber part. Ouch. I realize it's not the dealer's fault but it's still too much. Big Red has an on line parts lookup, it's not on there. I called them and they don't think they can get the part at all, just the lid for $180. I'd adapt a Donaldson part ($8-$13) but there's no clearance for an adaptor and the larger part- the tiny stock one can be hit by the edge of the hood as it opens, especially if the air filter assembly is strapped down a little to the tractor's left. That may be how it got torn in the first place. Or it's just too small.

When you move your air filter aside to get the radiator screen out, make sure to push it back against the rubber pad (as far right as it'll go) when you strap it back in place.

/ Branson Tractor
Does anyone know if the roof hinges up easily to get access to the radio/speakers? I have heard the LS is 3 bolts and hinges up to get access to everything and was wondering if the Branson 3725CH was similar. Thanks

/ Branson Tractor #47  
Just found out there is a place that sales Branson tractors about 15 miles from me and was wondering if there is any reason not to buy one. They do not stock them but said they would order me one and do any warranty work. I have read where parts were a issue but all those treads were old. I would be looking at the 3520CX or 3725CH. I like the fact that the DOC/DPF filter can be removed if need be without any issues. I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and it gets cold in the winter when the tractor would be used a lot and keeping it hot enough to keep the DPF clean might be a problem.

Just a note, there are not a lot of tractors up here so dealer support will be hard with any brand. Plus Kubota and JD dealers are asking crazy prices for anything. The other closest dealers are 350+ miles away and that trip can be ruff in the middle of winter if I had to make it back to dealer for some reason. Also the place that would order me a Branson has been in business for a long time with multiple locations in the state so I don稚 think they will be going anywhere soon. Thanks for the help.

I've been looking at buying a Branson 5220CH. Are you saying that you can disable the Tier 4 emissions on this tractor? If so that would be a huge advantage to me.

/ Branson Tractor #48  
I've been looking at buying a Branson 5220CH. Are you saying that you can disable the Tier 4 emissions on this tractor? If so that would be a huge advantage to me.

Yes.

That is exactly what we are saying.

Just take off the filter, and remove the data logger and associated wiring harness.

Boom.

Done.

/ Branson Tractor #49  
The DPF is also a muffler. You'll need to adapt a muffler or buy a Branson one for your tractor from a different market. Some people have gutted their DPFs, just removing the catalyst. I dont' know what that does to the sound level. I recommend keeping it on and intact until it's a problem, if it ever is. You'll have already paid for it. It's keeping the air you and your family breathe cleaner (diesel soot is a carcinogen). There's no performance gain from removing it. If you run your tractor hard periodically it should last a long time. The people who have had problems have been idling around.

I can verify that the tractor runs fine with the data logger unplugged.

/ Branson Tractor #50  
*reprised statement*

Just take off the filter, and remove the data logger and associated wiring harness.

And have a regular tractor muffler welded up in it's place. You can use the DPF filter for a template down at your favorite local muffler shop to set the flange distance and angle.