Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber

/ Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #41  
Wondering if the tracks on Cat Dozers ever have to be replaced?:D

Yes! And way more often than most people think.

/ Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #42  
If there really Amish or Old order they dont have tractors? Sure your not talking menonites?

Yes Amish. Depends on group and how strict they are.

Attachments

• image-578418613.jpg
    image-578418613.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 149
   / Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #44  
There is a tractor near us that has pieces of steel pipe slid over the rear wheels them (ie: they deflated the rear wheels, slid the pipe over the wheels, then re-inflated the wheels). Something like that might be worth it if you could find the right size pipes and weld or bolt cleats onto them.
That one is setup as a roller (ie: the pipe on the rear wheels is ~4' wide and there are pipes on the front "trike" wheels that fill up the center gap)

Aaron Z

/ Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #45  
The neighbor replaced the tracks on his small deere 6-way dozer and it cost him $20k.

/ Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #48  
   / Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber
Who ever said they were better ???? I never said they were better ! Never said I had no use for rubber ! Never said that ! Steel wheels don`t go flat ! That is all ! and I like these !!!!!!!!!!!!! that`s all !

/ Build a set of steel wheels Save my rubber #50  
Wondering if the tracks on Cat Dozers ever have to be replaced?:D

Yea and them on a d4 sized machine i think are something like $30k! to replace.

Never seen an old dozer with worn out tracks? The verticle nubs that hold the ground or whatever get so flat that they look like track hoe tracks, or ar almost smooth!!