Price Check Buying a used MX5100 - some questions.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions.
That's a very reasonable price for remotes, more like what it should be. I guess the dealer is charging far more for labor than parts.

Anyway, I'm pricing alternatives using the online configurator tools. What % should I reasonably subtract from the MSRP? 15%? 20%? Mainly looking at Massey, was very impressed when I stopped by the (closed) dealer.

Thanks

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #22  
Do you plan to pay 100% in cash at time of sale, or finance?

Most likely 100% cash. I assume cash is king in this sort of thing?

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #24  
Most likely 100% cash. I assume cash is king in this sort of thing?

Sometimes it is, sometimes not necessarily. Factory financing options and dealer has a lot to do with it. When I purchased my Workmaster New Holland had 0% financing and 3.99% financing. The sales price was dependent on that plus trade in, cash down, etc. Kubota is gonna be the same. You should be able to get a lower cost if cash only but look at the total cost.

So when you bought your New Holland, do you remember what % off the MSRP your dealer gave you? I know it varies, just trying to guestimate cost of a new machine vs this used one.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #26  
So when you bought your New Holland, do you remember what % off the MSRP your dealer gave you? I know it varies, just trying to guestimate cost of a new machine vs this used one.

The Kubota dealers that I've talked to seem to be at 10-12% below MSRP.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #27  

At the time I purchased they were advertising Workmaster 50's @ $25,500 on Craigslist. Cash got you a $700 discount. I think retail is $31K. 25.5K would be around a 17% discount.

Well, i just pulled the trigger on the 2013 MX5100 with box blade, two rear remotes, and loader diverter! Thanks all for your help, i'm sure this machine will give many years of good service. Probably paid more for it than ideal, but oh well. Spent some time on the 8N this weekend, and it really reiterated how bad I need a half decent machine. I was imaging having live hydraulics and an hst pedal the whole time.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #29  
Well, i just pulled the trigger on the 2013 MX5100 with box blade, two rear remotes, and loader diverter! Thanks all for your help, i'm sure this machine will give many years of good service. Probably paid more for it than ideal, but oh well. Spent some time on the 8N this weekend, and it really reiterated how bad I need a half decent machine. I was imaging having live hydraulics and an hst pedal the whole time.

What a great tractor. You will love it, especially when compared to the old 8N. Wait until you feel the comparative power of the MX5100 and the work it will do. I'd call that tractor a lifetime tractor in that you would likely never need to buy another. Don't forget to post some pictures.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #30  
Congrats. Yes, pictures please.