Price Check Buying a used MX5100 - some questions.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #31  
Well, i just pulled the trigger on the 2013 MX5100 with box blade, two rear remotes, and loader diverter! Thanks all for your help, i'm sure this machine will give many years of good service. Probably paid more for it than ideal, but oh well. Spent some time on the 8N this weekend, and it really reiterated how bad I need a half decent machine. I was imaging having live hydraulics and an hst pedal the whole time.

Maybe you paid a couple dollars more than was ideal, like you say, but I don't think you'll ever regret that decision. My next most modern tractor was an 8n also. It's night and day. Congrats on the purchase! Like the others said, post up some pics when you get a chance.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions.
Yep, will definately post some pics when it arrives (2? Weeks, as the dealer needs to get/install the remote kit).

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #33  
A MX5100 is one of the best tractors you could lay your hands on. You'll never look back. HS

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #34  
Well, i just pulled the trigger on the 2013 MX5100 with box blade, two rear remotes, and loader diverter! Thanks all for your help, i'm sure this machine will give many years of good service. Probably paid more for it than ideal, but oh well. Spent some time on the 8N this weekend, and it really reiterated how bad I need a half decent machine. I was imaging having live hydraulics and an hst pedal the whole time.

Great tractor indeed. So are ya willing to share what you paid for the tractor? And the remotes + diverter? OR is all that TOP SECRET?

I assume you got the HST. How many hours came with that 2013?

So the plot thickens...
A couple months ago when I visited the local massey dealer, they had a 2015 1754 on the lot. I finally got an email back that that tractor is still on the lot, and he'd sell it for what I'm paying for the MX5100... What should I do!?

The MX has 183 hours on it (my original 250 hrs figure was for a different tractor).

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #36  
So the plot thickens...
A couple months ago when I visited the local massey dealer, they had a 2015 1754 on the lot. I finally got an email back that that tractor is still on the lot, and he'd sell it for what I'm paying for the MX5100... What should I do!?

The MX has 183 hours on it (my original 250 hrs figure was for a different tractor).

Equipped the same? Remotes, diverter, SSQA......
Similar number of hours?
Same tire type?
Do you like it better from an ergonomic standpoint?

Tractor size, HP, weight, and loader capability are all pretty close. Close enough I doubt there would be any real world difference at all. So it comes down to which tractor you are most comfortable on, and which dealer you are most comfortable with.

But for me, its concerning about the MF dealer taking so long to get back to you with a price. Is there same level of urgency gonna hold true if you need service? or a part?

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #37  
So the plot thickens...

About that trigger you pulled... can you un-pull it honorably?

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #38  
also consider resale value of each, not up on current massey value, but kubota market value goes w/o saying..... just in case you upgrade later on

This tractor would most likely be a life time tractor, I wouldn't wear one out in 20 years, with ~150 hours a year maximum. And yes, I think I could stuff the bullet back down the barrel, although I don't like backing out of commitments.

The 1754 is in a new condition, from what I know. I like the Massey much better from an ergonomics perspective. It has ssqa, and one rear remote. We'll see what price he comes back with on adding a diverter and additional rear remote (and how long that response takes). Right now, massey is running a $500 rebate with a Woods attachment purchase, which is nice.

I'm not annoyed about him taking longer to respond to emails, I'm dealing with the owner directly, and he seems pretty old school.

/ Buying a used MX5100 - some questions. #40  
Do they have to add a remote and a diverter to make it apples to apples comparison, or as near as one can get.

I wouldnt be surprised if that bumps you another $1500. But I dont understand why that information is not at his fingertips. Certainly this isnt the only remote or diverter he has put on a similar massey.

Given its a purchases to last a long time, if not a lifetime....I'd say to get the one you like best. Dont want the next 20 years to be filled with regret. But if things dont work out, this may at least be a little fuel to try to sweeten the deal with kubota. As I said in my first post, I think they are wanting too much $$$ for the kubota. Unless things have changed since your first post?

Dont know much about massey, or their value. So cannot comment there