Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
On a side note, i was at the KUB dealer today to pick up a wheel for my KUB G5200 that i had ordered. When i went to pay for it, it was $20 more than what i was quoted when i ordered it.
I was ticked off and asked the parts guy why and he said " well sometimes they change the part numbers and ship it as a package sale. Me: ???????? whatever.
So i go outside and talk to the owner of the dealer that knows I'm going to buy his or a green one this weekend. I tell him that I'm ticked off that i just paid $20
more for the wheel than i was quoted. He didn't say " hey can i see the receipt and lets see why" . Nope he said " sometimes they change the part numbers
and they send it, thats just the way it is." OMG and I'm ready to spend 16K with him ? Im just not feeling it but i still won't dismiss orange. Thats why I'm looking for opinions

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #12  
I can honestly say that the dealer dropping his price 1k and throwing in a box blade makes me shy away from them. He could have offered me that the first time around.
I will never feel like I'm getting a fair shake from that dealer because of that.

Well at least he's acting like he wants to sell you a tractor. When I was shopping that wasn't the case, one guy never even got up from behind his desk, another acted as if he didn't care if I was there or not. The dealer I bought from also did some stuff on his own although I never negotiated price nor did I ask for anything, he offered free delivery which he did personally, they added a chain hook and shackle mount to my loader bucket and filled the rear tires. Oh yeah I got a service manual in the deal too. So far he has personally picked the tractor up and brought it back for warranty service once at no cost to me. He's about 50 miles away so all this tractor hauling takes a bit of effort on his part. He's a good guy that I feel I can trust, however, he does still owe me a hat. LOL When I quizzed the others about delivery and service it was come get it and if it breaks under warranty bring it back and maybe we'll get around to fixing it sometime. I don't have a tow rig and trailer so that was important to me.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #13  
Are both of these machines 3 range HST trans??

Are both of these machines 3 range HST trans??

No, the JD is 2 range and the KUB is 3 range. both HST
I do not need the tractor for mowing so i assume that the mid range on the KUB is a non issue for me.
But remember that I'm a first time owner and tractor ignorant.

Should i be concerned about having that Mid range on the KUB ?
I was under the impression that it was mostly used for mowing.
Again pleading tractor ignorance.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #16  
I would not buy a 2 range tractor as I am always in 2nd or 3rd. Do you have a Massey dealer near you?

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #17  
Both are good machines. I'm a JD guy mainly based on the JD dealer in my area being very responsive. The differences are mostly propaganda. I certainly like the two pedal HST better than one, but that is something you can get used to. I have seen Internet info that says you can't lift and curl at the same time with a JD loader, but I can with my 2320. That said, I almost never find a reason to do that in the real world. I was concerned about the 2 range HST, but they overlap and in 6 years I haven't felt like I'd be better off with a 3 range HST and I mow with mine all the time.

I would not buy a 2 range tractor as I am always in 2nd or 3rd. Do you have a Massey dealer near you?

No, when i search massy dealer it comes up as that same Kubota dealer
Why , is there a comparable massy model number ?

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #19  

If you're always in 2nd or 3rd, maybe it's really a 2 range tractor. :laughing:

Both are good machines. I'm a JD guy mainly based on the JD dealer in my area being very responsive. The differences are mostly propaganda. I certainly like the two pedal HST better than one, but that is something you can get used to. I have seen Internet info that says you can't lift and curl at the same time with a JD loader, but I can with my 2320. That said, I almost never find a reason to do that in the real world. I was concerned about the 2 range HST, but they overlap and in 6 years I haven't felt like I'd be better off with a 3 range HST and I mow with mine all the time.

Bearing in mind my tractor ignorance, I'm being told by the KUB dealer that the lift and curl is a major thing for a newbie. ****, i don't even know how to work the **** thing until i buy one.
Is the lift and curl a marketing ploy ? Or would it be useful for a newbie. Im assuming that you really need to learn how to do it the old fashion way.