Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #31  
wow just got a quote from another KUB dealer for a B2650 with FEL/quick attach / box blade for $14,900. I guess my gut feeling about the other KUB dealer was correct.
the 2650 is supposed to be a small step up from the 2601 ?

That quote doesn't sound like a new machine.....??? more like a used one.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #32  

That's exactly what I was thinking. I might buy two at that price!

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

that dealer called me back about 30 mins later and told me he screwed up. he had forgot the loader. the price went to 17,800 for the 2026.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #35  
My preference is a 3 range hst. I use all three of the ranges on my tractor frequently and two range would prevent me from buying any brand tractor. The ability to lift or lower and curl at the same time is another feature I use every time I use the loader, but I'm sure it is something someone new to tractors will not miss. Good luck with the choice.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #36  
I'd say stop fooling around with paper specs and chit-chat, and test drive both tractors. The choice will become very obvious to you. When shopping for tractors a couple years ago, I was set on a Deere, then I drove a Kubota (in fact it was the predecessor to the 2601) and it totally changed my mind. I have owned/operated both brands over the years, but for that particular comparison, one brand emerged as a better choice for me.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #37  
My preference is a 3 range hst. I use all three of the ranges on my tractor frequently and two range would prevent me from buying any brand tractor. The ability to lift or lower and curl at the same time is another feature I use every time I use the loader, but I'm sure it is something someone new to tractors will not miss. Good luck with the choice.

Agree -- have always used all three ranges frequently, and combined lift/curl is important to me. I believe it's only the Deere 1-series that can't lift and curl at the same time. The 2-series machines can.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #38  
On a side note, i was at the KUB dealer today to pick up a wheel for my KUB G5200 that i had ordered. When i went to pay for it, it was $20 more than what i was quoted when i ordered it.
I was ticked off and asked the parts guy why and he said " well sometimes they change the part numbers and ship it as a package sale. Me: ???????? whatever.
So i go outside and talk to the owner of the dealer that knows I'm going to buy his or a green one this weekend. I tell him that I'm ticked off that i just paid $20
more for the wheel than i was quoted. He didn't say " hey can i see the receipt and lets see why" . Nope he said " sometimes they change the part numbers
and they send it, thats just the way it is." OMG and I'm ready to spend 16K with him ? Im just not feeling it but i still won't dismiss orange. Thats why I'm looking for opinions

Find a different dealer to do business with! I would have left the part on the counter not paid for it then spoke to the owner or manager. If they still wanted more than the price quoted then I would have went to an other dealership for it.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #39  
I'd say stop fooling around with paper specs and chit-chat, and test drive both tractors. The choice will become very obvious to you. I have owned/operated both brands over the years, but for that particular comparison, one brand emerged as a better choice for me.

Since both tractors are good choices buy the one you like the best.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #40  
I can honestly say that the dealer dropping his price 1k and throwing in a box blade makes me shy away from them. He could have offered me that the first time around.
I will never feel like I'm getting a fair shake from that dealer because of that.

The dealer not giving you his absolute bottom dollar price right off the bat is no indication that he is not an honest dealer. Buying a tractor is more like buying a car than it is like buying a new coffee pot at Walmart. You have to do some haggling.

Have you ever sold anything on craigslist or other classifieds? If so, did you list your bottom dollar price right up front? Most people ask for more than they are willing to take. A lot of it is psychology because some buyers just won't buy at the first price they are quoted. They HAVE to get the price down further to make themselves think they are getting a deal.

And you can't blame a dealer for wanting to make a profit. The profit margins on tractors are pretty slim - probably a lot slimmer than you think.