Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
I have both Kubota and Deere...

I lean more towards Kubota all things being equal.

Can honestly say I have not had a warranty claim with either new Kubota...

The Dealer proximity and attitude is a factor... but, not as much as I first thought.

Both of the local Kubota Dealers folded up shop... it really came as a surprise.

Since you have both, are the JD's built as stout as the Kubs ?

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #22  
If you're always in 2nd or 3rd, maybe it's really a 2 range tractor. :laughing:

That was a good one!:thumbsup::laughing: I do use low in 4 wheel to get a good scoop of gravel.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #23  
Bearing in mind my tractor ignorance, I'm being told by the KUB dealer that the lift and curl is a major thing for a newbie. ****, i don't even know how to work the **** thing until i buy one.
Is the lift and curl a marketing ploy ? Or would it be useful for a newbie. Im assuming that you really need to learn how to do it the old fashion way.

Don't worry it comes pretty quick. I drove forklifts years ago so maybe that helped me some but I had to learn the loader and a backhoe and both came pretty quick. Just take your time and go slow at first. Find something around the place to practice with until you need to get some real work done. Fact is, I have about 50 hours on the clock and am still learning but at least I can get stuff done with it now.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #24  
My preference is a 3 range transmission and the ability to lift and curl, but if you're new to tractors, you'll not miss it. My first FEL tractor had one lever for raise/lower and another to curl/dump and I was a happy guy.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #25  
Since you have both, are the JD's built as stout as the Kubs ?

My Kubota is all metal and Deere has plastic...

Have not shopped in 3 years so my information could be dated

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
wow just got a quote from another KUB dealer for a B2650 with FEL/quick attach / box blade for $14,900. I guess my gut feeling about the other KUB dealer was correct.
the 2650 is supposed to be a small step up from the 2601 ?

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #27  
My Kubota is all metal and Deere has plastic...

Have not shopped in 3 years so my information could be dated

I think a lot of the Deeres have cast aluminum tranny housings now. Not a heavy nor as stout as iron boxes. With tractors you want weight. Mahindras are good in that respect. Also no DPF to get the tier 4 compliance. However, Mahindra's service documentation and support sucks but so far my dealer makes up for it.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #28  
Drive them both and determine which one fits you better. Don't worry about the specifics, both will do you fine. Both nice tractors.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #29  
As I said, the JD will do lift and curl. Maybe Kubota will do it better, but the loader slows down when you do both because you are feeding twice as many cylinders. Therefore, you won't be doing it most of the time.

I think your dealer (salesman?) is nuts. I will almost guarantee you that a new user will not be able to effectively lift and curl at the same time because you need to continuously adjust lift and curl speeds when you do it. It takes lots of practice and probably should have more hydraulic gpm than either of these machines.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #30  
wow just got a quote from another KUB dealer for a B2650 with FEL/quick attach / box blade for $14,900. I guess my gut feeling about the other KUB dealer was correct.
the 2650 is supposed to be a small step up from the 2601 ?

I PM'd you.